“fantastic”

Ranked #4 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Aberdeen
“fantastic”
Reviewed April 27, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for one night, I thought it was really good, the hotel is relaxing, clean and the service is brilliant, only downside is the parking i was told it was £16 a night for parking so would be best not to take your car, other than that the place is a really good hotel and i will be staying there again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
NitinRamtri, Deputy General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, April 30, 2011
Thank you for your comments. I am delioghted that you enjoyed your stay at Hilton Garden Inn and we all look forward to welcoming you back again.

Nitin Ramtri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 26, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights over Easter, I phoned a couple of days before to advise of our early arrival, and were given access to our room at midday.

The room was well equipped, the bed was amazing and so comfortable, the shower was fabulous, although the bath was a bit cramped in the corner.

The fridge worked well in the room, plus a comfy armchair, desk and computer chair.

Breakfast was great – we had a great deal through hotels.com which included breakfast – full fried breakfast on offer, plus haggis, black pudding etc etc.

The waffles maker is a nice touch and plenty of fresh fruit, smoked mackerel, salmon, ham etc on offer too.

The location is very near John Lewis and a shopping centre with all the High Street Shops and Union Street is only a few minutes away.

The staff were courteous and helpful.

The 24 hour shop did not have a huge selection of items, but probably had enough if you needed anything in an emergency.

Our room was at the rear of the hotel, overlooking some private apartments – we had no noise disturbance our entire stay.

My only criticism of my entire stay would have been the air con and the stuffiness of the room. We stayed on the 5th floor and the windows were locked. The air con did not seem to be individually controlled – we set it at 19 degrees and a couple of times it blew out hot air. We contacted Reception who got “Graham” on the job, and it did improve for a small while, but then reverted back to original temperature. Apparently Floors 1-3 have windows that open (we were on the 5th).

We would stay again at this hotel and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments and feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us here at Hilton Garden Inn. Our breakfast is indeed the best in town and the waffles are very popular.Unfortunately, due to health and safety reasons, we are unable to open windows on 4th. 5th and 6th floors. We will ensure that you are allocated a room on 1st, 2nd or 3rd floor. We all look forward to welcoming you back again.

mangomouse
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Another return visit to this fantastic hotel. Shopping and a night out were made perfect by the very warm welcome my partner and I received from Rory on reception. The room as usual was of the highest standard, exceptionally clean and very comfortable.

Dinner at the Grill was very nice indeed, our waiter another Rory was very polite and nice to chat to. As are all the staff at this hotel.

It was my partners first stay and he was really impressed and we will both definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2011
fife
Reviewed April 25, 2011

What can i say that hasnt already been said. We arrived at midday but id rang a couple of days beforehand to ask if we could possibly check-in earlier with our luggage as we arrived by train and was told they would try but couldnt guarantee it but could keep our luggage safe for us but as it happened it was no problem when we arrived.
We were greeted with a warm smile from Rory who let us in early and was really friendly.
The location great as was breakfast and all the other staff we came in contact with, I wont go on as its been written before but i will be back here hopefully in the summer for a little bit longer next time.
Keep up the good work.

1 Thank p19626295
Thank you for reviewing our hotel and sharing your experience with fellow travellers. We are really happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I would like to convey a very special 'thank you' from Rory. We are glad that his efforts towards making your stay so special have been recoginised by you.
We all look forward to welcoming you back in the summer time.
scotland
Reviewed April 24, 2011

We were attending a Wedding at another hotel, therefore needed a base in the city.

The staff were great & the room welcoming.

The highlight was definatelly breakfast; everything you could possibly want including "make your own waffles". Being awkward, I asked for an Omelette which was perfect.

Thank Peter.works
Thank you for your recent feedback, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn. I have shared you comments with our Chef and he is very happy to know that you enjoyed the breakfast and our suignature waffle.
We all look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Marietta, Ohio
Reviewed April 23, 2011

I had an extended stay at this lovely hotel. I appreciated the close proximity to area shopping and restaurants. Our room was not only comfortable, but relatively peaceful. I did not hear any street noise or any from our neighbors. My only regretful experience happended on day two when housekeeping came to clean the room. I quickly excused myself to give them room to work and gave a tip because they do work hard. I was disappointed to find a bit more than what I freely gave had been taken from the room. From then on I made good use of the safe and was careful not to be so careless or generous.

2 Thank bombaykorma
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2011

My other half and I stayed here.....for 10 nights.

The hotel rooms are fine......we had no hot water one night......but the in-house Plumber did a good job in getting it working the next day .

The Plumber was local and was very friendly .......the front desk staff did not make much effort to pass the time of day.......my partner is American and we have stayed all over Scotland and really like the staff at hotels to make us feel at home......perhaps a customer care course would do the trick !!!

3 Thank onthebuses1969
Thank you for your feedback. Kindly accept my apologies for not being able to meet your expectations during your recent stay at our hotel. I have shared your comments with the Front Desk team. Our entire team here at Hilton Garden Inn is one of the friendliest in the business and we all try our best to ensure that our guests have a great experience. Our Front Office Manager is investigating this issue at the moment.
We all look forward to welcoming you back and assure you of the best possible service in Aberdeen.