“This place has got it right. Best hotel in Aberdeen!!”

Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre
Ranked #4 of 64 Hotels in Aberdeen
Mt. Pearl,Newfoundland
“This place has got it right. Best hotel in Aberdeen!!”
Reviewed April 23, 2011

Stayed at the Garden Inn from April 19-22.
This has got to be the best hotel in Aberdeen, and probably the best hotel I have ever stayed at on a business trip.
Never have I experienced a hotel with a friendlier staff. I became friends with all of the staff during my 3 day stay. Sophia, Adam, Andrew, Ralph, just to mention a few, went out of their way to make sure my stay was a pleasant one. The staff will actually talk to you and not at you just to be polite.
Food at the restaurant was second to none. From the steaks to the monk fish, everything was served hot and fast. Even the kitchen staff will come out and talked with the customers, make recommendations and explain what ingredients are in their meals. Amazing!!
If in Aberdeen, Scotland, this place is a must stay.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
NitinRamtri, Deputy General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, April 30, 2011
Thank you for comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff is indeed the friendliest of all. We all here at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen are commited towards providing our guests the best possible experience.
I have shared your comments with the entire staff and would like to convey a special than you from Sophia, Adam, Andrew and Ralph for recognising them and mentioning them in your review.
We all look forward to welcoming you back again.

Kind regards
Nitin Ramtri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed April 19, 2011

First, I would like to mention Elise, Robert and Rory (front desk) and the very sweet Natalia who worked in the lounge. You all are very professional, helpful and friendly. I enjoyed my encounters with you each day. We stayed a total of 4 nights, one night longer than planned. The rooms are impeccable. The only thing I could mention is the hair dryer cord isn't quite long enough to reach the bathroom mirror. The rain shower was amazing and the beds were so comfortable. It was nice to have the coffee in the room, however, each morning, at 0630, there was coffee made in the lounge close to the dining area. Very nice touch. This hotel is within walking distance of all kinds of shopping, grocery, anything that you would want. We did have the breakfast buffet one morning. Lots to choose from and beautifully presented but I didn't like the eggs. Too much oil. Other than that, it was fantastic. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. This was by far the nicest place we stayed on our trip. Look no further when staying in Aberdeen. Oh, and they have coin laundry, very modern and fast which was great because by the time we arrived in Scotland, we needed to do laundry. I absolutely loved my stay here and so did my travelling companions. This hotel is a gem!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel and sharing your experience with other travellers. I have passed on your comments to Rory, Elise, Robert and Natalia. We are extremely happy that their hard work and commitment has been recognised by you.
We look forward to welcoming you again

Kind regards
Hilton Garden Inn Team
Highlands
Reviewed April 13, 2011

Stayed here for just one night with three friends....what a treat!! Firstly, we got a great deal when booking with breakfast included. Then we couldn't believe how easy it was to find the hotel - right beside two of the main shopping centres - what a great location!!! The rooms were immaculate (what comfy beds!) and the choice at breakfast was unbelievable. The waiters in the restaurant (particularly Rory) were chatty and helpful. Will definitely be back!!!!

Room Tip: Parking at £16 per night in hotel underground park
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank HighlandsMolen
PaulWood, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, April 14, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with your friends and that you managed to get a great deal. Our Spring Sale is about to finish but watch this space for our Summer promotion.
I will make sure the team are aware that you appreciated their enthusiasm.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 11, 2011

Stay was for 2 nights in exec room. Was in room 119 which comfortable and well appointed. Staff on arrival were pleasant and very helpful especially with services on offer. Breakfast was reasonable spread with both continetal and English available. Chef on hand to cook eggs as required.Had evening meal on 2nd night and although portions were not excessive they were adequate and compared to Marriott which had stayed in the previous week were sensibly priced, menu was limited and coiuld have benefitted from a slad or two as an alternative. Again staff were helpful and able to answer queries on the menu.
Only thing that spoilt the stay was on both nights there was music playing in the hotel until the early hours which was turned off after complaining about, so advise is not to have a room on the first floor especially 119 - 116

Room Tip: Located in centre of city behind shopping area
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on the Hilton garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre. I will ensure that the team are aware that you have given them a special mention, both on reception and in the restaurant.
Thank you for brining the music issue to my attention, I will ensure that the music is turned down to a sensible level and turned off as soon as appropriate.
Overall im glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you back at the hotel.
Spring, Texas
Reviewed April 9, 2011

As a frequent business traveler, especially to Aberdeen, I had hoped to try the Garden Inn hotel this past week, especially given the good reviews. After walking a few miles to the hotel with luggage in tow, I was greeted at the desk and informed that my room had been given to another guest who had extended their stay without prior notice, and therefore my reservation had been canceled. Never in all my 12 years of global travels has this happened to me before.

I had made a reservation weeks prior, received a confirmation number, and am a HHonors VIP member. No prior notice was given, although they had my contact information. I can't really think of worse customer service. I will never book at this hotel again.

Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank Chad B
Thank you very much for your feedback. It is with regret that I write this response as you did not experience the Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre the way I and my team would have liked.

Firstly that you had to walk miles to the hotel, we are located in the centre of the city, just off Union St and less than a mile from the train station.
As im sure you are aware guests travel plans do change which led us to the situation you encountered on arrival to the hotel. It is unfortunate that you did not receive any of our communications, as we did try to call you several times in advance of your arrival to explain that we could no longer accommodate you but had booked you a room at a nearby hotel that is of the same standard.

Please accept my apologies that you do not feel you were treated correctly however I am unsure what else we could have done to rectify this unexpected situation.
I would be delighted if you would reconsider and contact me personally to arrange a return visit to the hotel.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed April 5, 2011

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for business and must say it was excellent. Location is great and within a couple of minutes walk to Union St, the staff were friendly and the rooms immaculate. I think the bed was the best feature, super comfortable and firmness was adjustable to suit your needs. I didn't stay for breakfast as I had an early check-out, but room service dinner was good. This is my hotel of choice in Aberdeen.

Room Tip: Get a room away from elevators.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Ballater, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2011

I thought this was the best stay in a Hilton hotel ever. The receptionist was very nice and made sure I understood how everything worked in my room. I was impressed with the size of room and all the amenities especially the bed - best I have ever slept in. The hotel is ideally situated in the centre of Aberdeen so very easy to get around and I would definitely return.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
RebeccaBlair, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre, responded to this review, April 13, 2011
Thank you for your excellent feedback. I will ensure that the reception team are aware that they extra time they took to explain your room features was appreciated.
It’s lovely to hear that you enjoyed your "sleep system" bed and that it’s the best you have ever slept in!!
Looking forward to having you back to the hotel.