“Bonissimo”
Review of Mi Amore

Mi Amore
Ranked #4 of 713 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are located on Huntly Street in Aberdeen, we are within walking distance of Her Majesty Theatre and Aberdeen Music Hall. Therefore, we are offering Pre-theatre menu for £13.95 With the great choice of dishes for those who'd like to have a nice dinner before the performance.
Reviewed November 15, 2011

My boss recommended Mi Amore to me, as he dines there quite regularly. My partner & I had decided to go the cinema so opted to eat early evening.
On arrival, we were greeted & seated no problem, & our drinks order was with us in no time at all. Once we ordered our starters, complimentary fresh bread & olives were served. I was well impressed with the olives, as I usually find that fresh bread is the mandatory "freebie". We both opted for Parma bruschetta for starter & we weren't disappointed, lovely take on the standard bruschetta.
For our mains I opted for the Seafood Risotto, this consisted of Monkfish, mussells, & tiger prawns, in a lightly spiced tomatoe sauce...lovely! My partner had chicken & mushropom pasta in a cream & white wine sauce & she said one of the tastiest pasta dishes she'd eaten in a while.
After polishing off those generous helpings, there was no room for pudding, so we opted for a latte & cappucino respectively. Meal was finished with complimentary amarreto or grappa.
One last point about Mi Amore, apart from the excellent food, the service was excellent. Their waiting staff are a credit to the restaurant, very knowledgable about the food, polite & attentive but not "overpowering" if that makes sense. I can't wait to return in a couple of weeks' time! Ciao!

2  Thank BoozyinBolivia
Write a ReviewReviews (1,014)

Reviewed November 11, 2011

Excellent food, extrememly tasty, and not overpriced.

Nice atmosphere and good staff. Highly reccommended

2  Thank Tait57
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Good wine list. Reasonable prices. Great selection of antipastos, pastas, veal, fish/seafood, entrees, and desserts. More Tuscan style than Sicilian. (Although the owner is from Morocco!) Good-sized portions worth sharing. Pleasant service. Decent decor. (Poor Roman Top 40 hip hop radio is a bit out of place here.)

Does not take AMEX anymore. (Owner said he is reconsidering since customer count dropped by 50 a night. Please add your two cents since this is restaurant is in an international business center.)

1  Thank DScotty
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Spent a lovely evening with my wife and had a beautiful meal ,the tiramisu is to die for

2  Thank Jim M
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Went in on a weekend with my parents and boyfriend and we couldn't fault it. Although it was busy, we were served in good time. We weren't sitting around for long nor were we made to feel rushed.

After ordering our meals, we were given bread and olives which i thought was a nice touch :) Looking around, i thought this was a charming little place. Nicely decorated, clean and warm. However, i wasn't keen on the plastic table covers, it gives the restaurant a "cafe" feel but i can understand that it may be practical for cleaning purposes.

We had all ordered starters, i in particular had the calamari which was lovely and crispy and my partner opted for the mussels which he really enjoyed. So far so good :)

Whilst waiting for our mains, i was pleased when our empty glasses were cleared and we were offered more refreshments. Although this doesn't seem like a big deal, it is a pet peeve of mine when empty glasses are strewn across tables when there are staff to collect them. And sometimes, more annoyingly, i have been in restaurants where they have cleared glasses but not offered more drinks. Anyway...on to our main courses :)

My parents both had a seafood linguine. Both loved their mains, the portions were generous and the king prawns were beautiful! I opted for a steak with a diane sauce. It was cooked to perfection and i enjoyed the bowl of veg i ordered alongside it. The diced potatoes were particularly scrumptious.

After our meal we finished our bottle of wine and ordered coffees.

All in all, it was a great meal and i found the staff to be attentive. I think the value for money was exceptional as well. I didn't feel ripped off and at the end of the night we were four very full and content customers. We will be back!

3  Thank Alice H