“Great Hotel, Great Breakfast, Great Value!”

Park Inn by Radisson Aberdeen
Ranked #23 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Kinross, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel, Great Breakfast, Great Value!”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I am slightly loath to share this information as we really see the Park Inn in Aberdeen as our little hidden gem. Its set in a great location just off union street and is ideal for a weekend getaway to this fantastic city. The hotel is new and the rooms modern and very comfortable. They also have fantastic offers (keep them coming!) - what else can I say just a fantastic hotel which I cant rate it highly enough. Having travelled the world over I can safely say that the breakfast buffet is amongst of the best I have seen. Only slight draw back is that parking is chargable but its not too bad considering and is pretty much attached to the hotel - that said maybe the hotel could look to strike a deal with theml??. Anyway keep up the fantastic work and we look forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fraser M
Iain W, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Aberdeen, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your very positive comments about your visits to the hotel.
I was very happy to read how much you enjoy staying at the hotel and whilst it would be great to keep us as "your little secret" we do have to encourage other guests to stay also, so thank you again for such positive comments.
As far as parking is concerned, please rest assured we have had a number of discussions, and continue to do so, about negotiated rates for our guests but so far without success.
We look forward to being of service to you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Check in went ok, also check out, no problems at all with the staff, they were all smilng when asked something. Rooms pretty small, and beds were queensize, not very good when you are sharing with someone you do not know that well. Had single room myself, and size is ok for one person.
Good choice of food for breakfast, several kinds of bread, and sweet stuff as well as fruits and
cereals.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your visit to the hotel back in February. I was happy to read that, in general, you enjoyed your stay but have noted your comments about the size of the bedrooms. I do hope that we can be of service to you again in the future.
scunthorpe
Reviewed March 24, 2014

This is an ok hotel as a travelodge type of place for 80 a night however the cheapest room is normally 140ish up to 360 if they think they can get away with it. The management are the nastiest bit of fagan like operators going SAS treat their guests as staff as somebody to screw over I feel sorry for anyone that works for them, to sum up;
1. Beds aweful
2. Foo repetative bland and badly cooked
3. Breakfast nasty I dont even bother now
4. decor - travelodge on acid
5. Noisy no chance of sleeping unless you have taken copius drugs

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Clearly from your comments you have not enjoyed your visit to the hotel which is most unfortunate.
With regards to our rates, they are fully determined on demand into the market and are commensurate with the local Aberdeen market.
As far as our staff are concerned I believe we have an excellent team working in the hotel, and indeed in our most recent company survey we scored very highly in our overall staff satisfaction scores. I can assure you that we neither try to "screw over" our staff or our guests.
In light of your additional comments, which appear somewhat generic, could I suggest that should you be visiting the hotel again in the future perhaps we could have some direct discussion in order that we could identify the specifics of your concerns and hopefully address them to ensure your future satisfaction. I would be more than happy to meet with you should that be the case.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The Hotel is new and modern.
There is parking under the hotel it is public and it is 1st come 1st served.
the checkin was ok front desk staff not overly friendly.
Room was small.
the Gym on the other hand is great huge room and great selection of new machines.
Breakfast had a good selections and open at 06:30 hours.
Check out was good speedy and professional.

1 Thank IMtraveller12
Iain W, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Aberdeen, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay at the hotel. I was happy that, in general, you enjoyed your visit although disappointed to note your comments regarding the front desk staff. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to be of serviec to you again in the future.
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 19, 2014

The rooms are clean and comfortable, but it is expensive. The service from the staff was poor, examples were that when I asked the front desk to find out why the hotel had mistaking cancelled my reservation (twice), they did not. I had to speak to 4 different people before I got an answer. When asking for an iron, I was told it would be sent straight up, but they forgot and I had to remind them 2 hours later. When I had a package sent to the hotel, they repeatedly told me that they had not received anything multiple times, despite it was sitting on their shelf in the store room the whole time - no one could actually be bothered to walk the 5 metres to check! I would only stay here if you really have to. Unfortunately Aberdeen is sometimes so busy you don't have a lot of choice.

1 Thank dbh65
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your visits to the hotel. I was most concerned to read about the issues that you experienced and as you have contacted me directly I will be addressing these directly with you.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Initially I was dubious due to location.
The main receptionist was not the best. Looked at the top of her head for a good two minutes before she acknowledged I was there.
Thankfully the rest of the staff made up for this. Very friendly. Accommodating. Chatty. Full if suggestions.
Food was excellent. Hotel was clean. Had a lovely feel about the place. With a lovely centre out door garden area.
Will be back. Hopefully a different receptionist next time tho.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Sammyjoe77
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay at the hotel. I was happy to read that, in general, you enjoyed your visit to the hotel. However, I was concerned to read your comments about the receptionist and will certainly address this. I am happy to note that you will return to the hotel again and look forward to being of service to you.
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I normally stay at the Holiday Inn Express but gave it a try on this occasion.

First of all, I was not entirely sure if my Concierge status was recognised. This was probably due to an early checkin, but I do not think my room was upgraded. In addition, I was a solo traveller, my room was a twin single room...

The Concierge status gave you complimentary continental breakfast, however, most hotels allow such members to have full breakfast. However, this particular hotel strictly gives you continental breakfast only, which is not particularly worth. Moreover, this benefit was initially not recognised on checkin.

Room cleanness was questionable. Some croissant flakes were left on the desk. I also found the back of bathmat mat horribly mouldy, I could not touch it. I had never seen such a dirty bathmat before.

Considering higher rates, I will switch back to the Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay at the hotel. I was most concerned to read your comments as you clearly have not enjoyed the usual standards that I would expect of this hotel. I have noted all of your comments, particularly in relation to the operational issues that you experienced and will be addressing these internally.
As far as your concierge status is concerned, if you had noted this at time of booking then it certainly should have been recognised at the hotel. Please accept my apologies if this was not the case. As you quite correctly point out we do only offer complimentary continental breakfast as specified by Club Carlson.
Whilst I understand your concerns from this visit, as a concierge member I do hope that you will allow us the opportunity to be of service to you again in the future in order that we can redress your thoughts on the hotel.