“Christmas Lunch at Park Inn, Aberdeen-Exceptional!!!”

Park Inn by Radisson Aberdeen
Ranked #26 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I booked a table for Christmas Day Lunch at the Park Inn, Aberdeen, in November and straight from the start I was very impressed by their level of customer service and care (I thought I was being a nuisance with all the questions I had about the lunch but was never made to feel anything but a valued customer. Thanks Julianna!)
There were seven of us in my party including two children. As some of us were delayed, two of the party waited in the bar/lobby area and were very happy with the service they received from the manager on at the time.
Our table was booked for 2pm and there was already a good amount of people enjoying their lunch. The lady who showed us to the table and hung our coats up was extremely attentive and was very good with the children.
The meal itself was delicious! Food was promptly served but we never felt rushed or 'harrassed' by the staff. The waiters were fantastic and could not have done more for us. It was fairly busy and Christmas Day but their level of service was excellent - a real credit to the hotel!
Cost-wise, it was £245 for the meal plus drinks, which I feel is good value if you consider how much you would/can spend on doing your own Christmas Lunch. Plus there are no leftovers to pick at or dishes to wash, which are definite upsides in my book
All I can say is we ALL had a really great day at The Park Inn and will DEFINITELY be back next year!! Thanks.

Room Tip: Can't comment on the rooms as we were only there for Christmas Lunch 😊
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Park Inn by Radisson Aberdeen

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I felt at ease to stay at this hotel on my own recently - the staff were polite and attentive. The room was pleasantly furnished even though there was a modern open wardrobe, the bed was very comfy and had loads of superb pillows. The dining room was very quiet when I dined but several tables were set up for large groups. I enjoyed both my evening meal and the buffet breakfast. Having seen the tables set for large groups I anticipated there being a lot of noise during the night - however it was very quiet so I guess they are pretty good at locating their guests.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 29, 2013

The location and rooms in the Radisson are what you might expect, though your room may be more spacious than you are expecting for the money in central Aberdeen which is an expensive place. The internet is free, as it should be but often isn't. The highlight of my stay was the amazingly helpful reception staff. Consistently helpful, they out of their way to assist when I needed a taxi to get to the airport in rather a hurry.

The breakfast is acceptable, the fish and chips in the RBG restaurant is to die for (reviewed separately).

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the courtyard inside if you are easily affected by street noise as Justice Mill La...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

We booked with friends for overnight visit to Aberdeen. Hotel is in a good central location. Clean modern and welcoming atmosphere. Rooms were comfortable, quiet and bathroom pristine. However breakfast was a real disappointment. All self serve which is fine but bit odd for tea and coffee (you had to take your cup from the table up to get tea). Food was lukewarm and cooked items of poor quality. We were surprised how poor it was given rest of hotel etc.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I stayed 5 days at the Park Inn and I won't lie in the beginning I was quite worried! I travelled with my sister and my family is quite picky when it comes to hotels. The Park Inn was the only one available for those days but I must say I had and I believe she also had a pleasant experience. Its no Ritz or Four Seasons but its central, clean and staff is polite, it does the trick. Rates are also competitive so its a great city hotel but not for a long stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 15theos
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Just home from a lovely weekend stay. Hotel reception staff very nice on checking in, rooms were very clean and comfortable. Only down side was breakfast, cooked breakfast not very warm and felt it had been lying for a while. Wouldn't put me off though will be returning just not for breakfast!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

Not much to say about this hotel. It is situated in the heart of the city, while being situated off main street, provides the calm you need. Rooms are functional and clean, with not much luxury to expect. There is no fridge or minibar in the room and international television is not available. The staff is friendly and works efficiently. So if you don't look for a landmark in hotel business and you are fine with average quality, this property is worth its money.

• Stayed: December 2013