“Great food, arrive early!”
Review of Yorokobi by CJ

Yorokobi by CJ
Ranked #53 of 704 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Korean
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Having a reputation for its scrumptious food. All of us at Yorokobi by CJ Restaurant employ a motto saying: "care for guests with warm hospitality", and we commit ourselves to ever enhancing our expertise and service, and providing authentic Japanese & Korean cuisine.Our chefs personally chooses the ingredients, disregarding anything less than the best so that they can produce our delicious dishes and the restaurant is one of just a few in Scotland which serve such premium quality Japanese & Korean food. We also have an excellent selection of fine sakes and wines.
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I went here for the first time last month for a birthday celebration. We decided to try one of the set menus, and were not disappointed. It was great to try so many tasty things. The wine was great and very reasonable too. The restaurant seemed very relaxed, to begin with. However their opening hours are quite early, as we weren't finished eating and a waitress was already spraying tables with disinfectant round about us! This was only around 9.30. We will arrive much earlier next time!

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

This beats all of the horrible chain sushi places there are! A great selection of sushi,meat and veg dishes and soups. The Philadelphia sushi roll and seafood pancake are amazing. They also do great bento boxes at lunch time

Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is one of my favourite restaurants in Aberdeen. It's a small, friendly restaurant with very good food. The food is the highlight, however I can never finish my meal as the portions are large. Unusual I think for sushi... Service is relatively efficient and always friendly. One slightly strange thing about this restaurant is the atmosphere - made odder by the recent addition of inkjet printed pictures of the food stuck up around the restaurant. I hope this isn't the beginning of a down turn for this restaurant. All in all worth a visit.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful meal at Yorokobi. The food and service was excellent. Very friendly and courteous staff.
I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Was looking for something a bit different, certainly found it! Started with spicy Edamame beans - lovely! The salmon and tuna sashimi had the boys fighting over the last piece. The miso soup went down a treat. Korean mains Albab and Dol-sot Bibimbab (veggie version) were a tad on the spicy side for our palates but we cleaned them up. The grilled white fish was a bit too spicy and the complaint was that there was too little fish, too many onions - though the fish did get demolished. Cold sake and Korean tea washed everything down nicely.
Decor is indifferent, with computer-printout pictures on the wall. Wouldn't take much effort to improve that!
Would certainly seek this place out again, but would choose my dishes carefully and be specific about spice level.