“Very disappointed”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Seen the good reviews so gave it a go. both starters and main course were way too salty and literally soaked in oil. Couldn't really taste anything else apart from salt! Nan bread was small and thin. chappatti was pitifully dry and thin, not the way it should be. My other half who usually put salt on everything before he tastes it found the food way too salty as well (he didnt put any salt on this time thankfully). Even my toddler son's scampi and chips, which he usually loves, he refused to eat most of it. Sorry but really didn't enjoy it at all. Won't be back.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank siujan

Aberdeen
“Good food but not quite 100% Nepalese”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Visited with friends on a Friday evening and was met at door by smiling manager.
Menus given and drink order taken.
As I was driving I asked for a shandy, but the waiter asked if I wanted a kingfisher instead !!
My wife ordered a G&T and he asked if will make it a double!! Twice !!
Friends arrived and the same act was played out.

Papadams arrived with 4 chutney dishes. Nice and crisp and fresh, the way they should be served.
No special chutney but the lime pickle was very different from most restaurants and very tasty.
All 4 of us had different dishes. As I was recovering from a bout of gastroenteritis I went for a mild coconut Nepalese dish, my wife had the Mango Chicken and the others had something the waiter stated was like a Butter Chicken and the other was a jalfrezi chicken.
Served on the side with coconut rice and pilau rices, plus garlic and peshwari naans.
All the chicken dishes were plentiful. Although my dish was mild it was dead mild, and lacked any spiceyness, not the heat just the taste. My wife's mango chicken sauce was excellent and I enjoyed her dish much more than my own.
The butter-chicken-taste-alike was just close to a butter chicken, Nepalese style and also very enjoyable. The jalfrezi wasn't hot enough.
The coconut rice I found to be too dry. Ive had coconut rice in many different places and they still keep the rice moist. So I suggest they find a new recipe for theirs. The pilau rice was good and not greasy.
The peshwari and garlic naans we both excellent. Not too greasy and very very tasty.
What i meant in my headline ...not quite Nepalese, is their menu was more middle-of-the-road-Indian than Nepal. I thought I would get to try some of the more traditional Nepalese starters, breads and pulses, but I couldn't find any on the menu.

Staff very friendly and note: my wife's TA ratings will be a lot higher than mine.

Would I go back - yes, but wouldn't be high on my list of choice.

<<sorry about marking the outdoor seating but I pressed it by mistake and couldnt find a way to change it>>

• Visited August 2013
Lanark, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good value and quieter than it should be”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Met two colleagues for a business lunch.

Basic menu with sufficient variety for lunch, good value and relatively quick service.

Seems to be quieter than it should be with this combination.

• Visited August 2013
Aberdeen
“Only Table Occupied”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We went on a Friday lunchtime and were the only people in the place. I don't know why as the food and service are excellent. Its a great pity more people don't visit this gem of a place to create a better atmosphere.

Visited August 2013
Biggar, United Kingdom
“Good food.”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My husband took me here after seeing good tripadvisor reviews. I have to say I was pretty underwhelmed by the location and look of the place, and it was incredibly quiet inside (needed some music) But the staff were really nice and the food delicious, and the ambiance did improve as it started to fill up with happy customers.

Visited July 2013