“Didn't live up to expectations!”
Review of Echt Tandoori

Echt Tandoori
Ranked #55 of 713 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Having looked at the previous reports we had high expectations, unfortunately this restaurant did not live up to them!

We were greeted at the door by a rather abrupt waiter, who did point us to a table (which we had booked), he made no attempt to make us feel welcome at all. Then another waiter came to take our drinks order, again this was done in an extremely abrupt and unfriendly manner.

On a plus side the restaurant is very nicely decorated and comfortable.

As for the food itself, my husband had a lovely starter, which was very nicely presented and tasted great. The main courses were a let down both had very little taste, mine a veggie curry looked lovely but unfortunately had no taste without me having to add quite a lot of salt, which I don't like having to do. My husband had a Chicken Madras which to be honest looked more like tomato soup and again lacking any taste. During the meal three waiters stood close to our table and chatted to one another, this made the whole experience a little awkward.

So to some up, nice premises, food fair but staff a let down.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Great food, nice location and no traffic in and out of Aberdeen. A really nice atmosphere and the food is just fantastic. I especially advise the Chicken Tikka Balti. I also went to the Echt Tandoori with a vegetarian Indian gentleman who said that the Tarka Dahl was the best he had ever eaten.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I was at the Echt Tandoori last night with my family and it was a very enjoyable experience.
The food was absolutely fantastic and the service was excellent. I highly recommend going here!!

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Been going here since it first opened and never been disappointed.

Make sure you book a table at week-ends as it is always full.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Everything was excellent, well looked after by, good food, huge portions (makes up for the slightly higher price) and great atmosphere. Always been busy so booking on peak nights would be recommended!