“Great little indiependent hotel”
Review of Bauhaus Hotel

Bauhaus Hotel
Ranked #36 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Stayed here for five nights, and have nothing to complain about. Room was nice and clean, and the service in the resturant and bar/reseption was excellent. The hotel is just off Union Street, the main street of Aberdeen, so its really central for shopping and dining. Friendly staff in the bar/reseption that I want to send my thanks to. If you want something different from the big hotelchains, this is for you. If I ever return to Aberdeen, I am gonne stay here again. Free wi-fi and breakfast included is always a big plus in my book.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed July 25, 2011

We love this chic hotel friendly helpful cheerful staff, and our meal was superb one off the nicest meals we had in a long time! Will be back for a meal open kitchen was good also! Thank you ! Great location to shops pubs ! And to stay the night !

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Had a great stay here. Really impressed with the staff and standard of rooms. Only gripe was getting up early for breakfast on my holiday and the single staff member seemed overwhelmed. To their credit she rounded up help and they all worked with a smile on their face!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed June 27, 2011

I travel to Aberdeen a lot on Business and I've started staying at this hotel each time I go now.

The rooms are a great size and all large and bright, Showers are magic and just what you need to wake you up in the morning.

Food here is really nice and I love the fact that you can see the chef cooking everything in the kitchen form your table.

Great location for the city centre.

Good friendly hotel!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We stayed here on 25th June and i am very impressed with the value for money that we got. the room we were given was extremely spacious and very smart & comfortable, and i didnt notice any noise from the street below (we were on the 3rd floor). Check out is usually 11am but i requested noon and this was accomodated free of charge. Its a very central hotel with secure parking one minute away for a pretty reasonable rate.

My only quibble was with the breakfast service the next morning. When we went down (at 9.30 - breakfast finished at 10am) there were a lot of dirty tables so we had no choice but to sit at one that had been cleared. Ther staff (3 or 4 - plenty for a small room) didnt notice us so after 5 minutes or so we had to go up to get their attention. Although the cooked breakfast came very quickly (and was good) we had to ask again for tea/coffee & toast, and AGAIN for toast; no milk or butter were provided so we gave up and used what was left on the table. It looked like the toast had only been shown the toaster for 5 seconds as it was barely warm! However though i didnt think it was really acceptable, the overall quality of the hotel would mean i wouldnt hesitate to recommend it

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2011

We stayed at The Bauhaus as a special anniversary treat and splashed out on the Kandinsky Suite.
Receptionist gave us a warm welcome but also some quite extensive instructions on how to get to the room. It turns out it was a bit of a rabbit warren and I would have thought in that case someone may have shown us to the room.
That aside, when we found the place it was exactly as billed. Well laid out with corbusier chairs, lovely bed and plenty of storage. Only criticism would be the positioning of the TV.
The highlight though was the huge bathroom with dual sinks, waterfall bath and wet room with drench showers. There was a TV in there too but the sound on it was pretty poor due to it being waterproof.
There was no view to speak of in this suite but if you closed the curtains you could imagine you were anywhere in the world.
We had breakfast in the restaurant which was cooked in front of us in the open kitchen. The salmon and scrambled eggs was awesome and service friendly.
Would highly recommend this to any visitors to Aberdeen, looking for something a little special.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2011

I visited the Bauhaus on June 5th with my sister-in-law for the Rod Stewart concert. I was so impressed with the decor, cleanliness and overall atmosphere of the place. Our room was stunning and the skylights with remote control blinds were a great touch. The decor throughout the hotel is clean and incredibly stylish and gives the place a real luxury feel. I was particularly impressed with how efficient and friendly Andrew on bar/reception was. He really made us feel at home.

The location of the Bauhaus is also great as its tucked in just behind Union Street, in the heart of the city.

This was my first visit to Aberdeen but it definitely wont be my last. I have already recommended the Bauhaus to family and friends and will be sure to visit again soon.

Room Tip: Book direct with the hotel for cheaper rates