“Pleasant stay”

Ranked #8 of 64 Hotels in Aberdeen
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Pleasant stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

Had a short but pleasant stay at the Jurys Inn. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the aesthetic was comforting.
It is nothing fancy, but it provides a wonderful location, is clean, and one can easily maneuver the floors! (I say this as I have stayed in hotels that are complete mazes.)

I have not given it five stars for these reasons:
Beds are really not that comfortable. Neither are the pillows... For someone with back issues (like myself), it is a slightly unpleasant sleep...
Also, the food I ordered from the bar I did not enjoy the taste of.

Otherwise, this is a lovely place to stay and is convenient for anyone visiting Aberdeen and arriving from the train station.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Philip R, Manager at Jurys Inn Aberdeen, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. I have shared your comments with the team here and we are all pleased to read your thoughts on the team here. We really do have a great team.

I have also fed your comments on the food back to our head chef who was disappointed that you were not fully satisfied with the food. When you are need staying with us please do contact me directly as we have a number of rooms with king size beds where we get very positive feedback regarding the quality of sleep. We are also awaiting a delivery of new pillows which consist of firm and soft so I will be able to arrange pillows to suit your need.

I do hope to welcome you to the Jurys Inn Aberdeen in the near future.

philip_rankin@jurysinns.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Just back from another superb stay with the Jurys! We travel to Aberdeen several times a year and we always stay here. Staff are brilliant, attentive and polite. We also always stay for lunch and it's always been superb. I recommend trying the Veggie Burger when there. It's absolutely amazing! The rooms are very nice with superbly comfortable beds, crisp fresh linen and lush comfy pillows. Room cleanliness is always top quality as well. We always stay for breakfast and it's always been brilliant. Great selection of hot food, porridge, waffles, cereal etc. Looking forward to our next stay in the next few months!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear John,

Thank you for taking the time to write such great feedback on your recent stay with us. With being a regular guest with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen its great to see that you continue to return to us.

I am delighted the team and hotel has again delivered on your expectations in a number of areas in the hotel. We are particularly proud of the team here in Aberdeen, who are all so friendly.

Please do let me know when you are looking to return as I would like to look after your booking personally.

The Woodlands, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Parking in either the College Street facility, or the Union Square facility is a pain to get to the hotel, especially with heavy bags. Also departing early morning, can cause a lot of hassle as the Union Square facility access is locked and required to be opened by a car park attendant for the facility, which can be time consuming.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank CiH69
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. We appreciate all feedback and are aware that the parking arrangements are not ideal for someone looking to drop off bags. Both car parks are accessible 24hr however the shopping centre is close during the night so customers need to walk to the main car park entrances to get in as apposed to going through the shopping centre.

I do hope that this has not put you off staying with us again in the future and if you are looking to book with us again please do contact me directly as I would like to look after your booking personally.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Location great
Rooms ok
Carpet and bed covers looking a bit tired
Bar food too expensive for what it is
Location of hotel is a big plus
Right next to shopping mall buses and trains
Mayby also look at a way of hot holding breakfast items a bit warmer
Good selection of breakfast items

• Stayed March 2014
Andrew M, General Manager at Jurys Inn Aberdeen, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Robyndel,

Thank you for taking the time to provide some detailed feedback for your recent stay. I apologise that your expectations were not met in relation to our bar food. Our prices are set in line with other hotels, but nevertheless customer satisfaction is always our top priority. We are in the process of changing our bar menu and will take your comments on board.

Thank you also for the feedback on our breakfast buffet. We carry out a number of temperature checks throughout the morning and will continue to monitor this going forward.

Finally we are in the process of changing a number of our bed throws, the hotel is now open 4.5 years, so keeping the hotel fresh for guests is a key priority.

Please contact myself should you be returning to the hotel in the near future.

Blairgowrie, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

just back from our night away at this hotel in aberdeen. we got an excellent deal on groupon, and as it was our first stay in the city, we were not too sure what to expect. we were not dissapointed! aswel as superb location, the staff were all very friendly and pleasant, our room and bathroom was immaculate and very fresh smelling, breakfast was excellent and served untill 11am which we found to be very accommodating. (also check out was 12pm which is generous i think) we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: i imagine the veiw from top floor would be outstanding!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for the great feedback. I am delighted the team and hotel exceeded your expectations in a number of areas in the hotel. We are particularly proud of the team here in Aberdeen, who are exceptional!

Please contact myself for your next stay. I will ensure you are allocated a 7th floor room over looking the harbour and with views of Aberdeen beach.

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

Stayed with my partner at this hotel while he was on a business trip. I have been to the shopping centre a few times and always thought the hotel looked good. The room was exceptionally clean. Bathroom was spotless. All staff were very efficient.
The only downside was dinner in the restaurant. With so many interesting eating places in the area it just didn't have the atmosphere.
However breakfast was one of the best. As a female eating alone I felt a little uneasy. But the staff were excellent, showing me where everything was. The cooked and buffet displays were very well stocked and looked after by a very clean looking bearded chef. A pretty wee girl with fluffy hair (Algae) checked everything was fine made me feel very comfortable. I shall visit again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Andrew M, General Manager at Jurys Inn Aberdeen, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for all your fabulous feedback. Aglae in the restaurant was delighted with your comments! In terms of our restaurant, we are currently looking to redesign it and I hope on your return it will satisfy your expectations.

Guest loyalty is something we value very highly at Aberdeen, please contact myself directly on your return to the hotel.

Dundee, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

We booked an executive room as my husband is not in good health. We assumed that the room would have a table and chairs, there was one seat and no table. A space in corner that looked as if it should have furniture, When I spoke to one of your staff she inferred that this should not be the case. It also stated that there would be a few extras. There was coffee and tea but basic, not biscuits. No sign of dressing gowns. The previous days newspaper on our bed To be fair the reception staff were very pleasant. I would not stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Linda,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. The team and I apologise for the short comings you experienced in terms of the room you booked. You are perfectly correct in everything you have stated.

I am especially disappointed this has led you to decide not to stay again. I can assure you that this experience is not indictive of the standard we consistently strive to achieve here in Aberdeen.

I would appreciate the opportunity to win back your confidence. If you could email myself your contact details we can discuss further.