“Good, clean, convenient”

Ranked #8 of 64 Hotels in Aberdeen
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Good, clean, convenient”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I've stayed here a couple of times with work and its a nice hotel.
Maybe a touch overpriced and the views are poor (train station roof)
But the hotel and its services were all great, clean and pleasant.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again

Room Tip: All the rooms are good really, just poor views
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Philip R, Manager at Jurys Inn Aberdeen, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review on your recent stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I have passed your comments on to the team.

Please do let me know when you are looking to return to the Jurys Inn Aberdeen and I will personally look after your booking and ensure you are allocate a room with a nice harbour view. Thank you once again for your positive comments.

philip_rankin@jurysinns.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This hotel can be expensive during the week when it is usually booked up with business travellers visiting oil companies. However Jurys regularly have special offers available through email marketing, and if you manage to get a booking through this you can get a really good bargain. Our room cost just £49 for a Saturday night. And we have managed to book a stay in August for £25.
We stayed here as I was attending my friends hen night. All of her family and friends stayed at the hotel, and it was an ideal place for everyone to meet up before hand for drinks, and to get ready. It can be a bit party central at weekends, but there was no noise disruption through the night. In fact it was lovely and quiet.
The hotel is located inside the Union Square shopping centre, which is ideal if you want to eat out, go shopping, or go to the cinema. It is also right next to the train station, bus station, and also the ferry terminal for services to Orkney and Shetland. Obviously the shopping centre is closed overnight, so late night access is via a secure side door with a buzzer and reception let you in.
Our room was massive, with lots of mirror space, and great big windows with a view out over Guild Street. For being a fairly new hotel, some of the décor looked a little bit tired, but that may just have been our room. All in all everyone thought it was a great location which suited our needs. I would definitely recommend the hotel if you are looking for a good central location from a reputable hotel you can trust.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor to the back of the hotel if you want a quieter room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review on your recent stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I’m delighted to here that you have booked up again for the future.

Please do let me know when you are returning and I will look after your booking and ensure you are allocated one of our superior rooms. Thank you once again for your positive comments.

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for my birthday weekend in aberdeen, thankfully my friend had booked the room thru work and received a discount. Room was clean and tidy with a good sized mirror for 3 girls to share! Having had a heavy night on the town I was gasping for a drink the next morning- went to the water cooler in the corridor to find there were no cups. Trudged back to my room to grab a mug, anything to fill with water! Was really looking forward to a drink but was disgusted by the foul taste! It tasted warm and fooshty!! Was actually disgusted by it, heaven only knows what was wrong with it. Thankfully we managed to get some much welcomed refreshments at breakfast- which was a lovely cooked or continental brekky. Dunno that I'd hurry back tho, much like a travelodge really.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Ruthy21
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen.

I was disappointed read your comments regarding the water machine on the corridor and the lack of cups. I will personally look into this and ensure that everything is working properly and to the correct standard.

Please do let me know when you are looking to return to the Jurys Inn Aberdeen and I will personally look after your booking and ensure that your room is allocated in advance. Thank you once again for your comments.

Latvia
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The hotel is fresh (relatively new) perfectly located (next to the train and bus stations, inside one of the biggest shopping malls with cinema center, restaurants etc.). It's just a perfect place for a business stay. It was a business trip for me. Nevertheless, I traveled with my wife and she was quite pleased about the hotel as well. Besides a very good restaurant, they have a comfy pub :)
Rooms are good... mattresses maybe too soft.
They even have a business center with a computer and a printer. Unfortunately, most of the times printer is out of order (I wish you could finally solve it).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on your recent stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I have spoken with our maintenence team and there seems to be a problem with the printer at the business centre so we have ordered a new one - thank you for pointing it out.

Please do let me know when you are looking to return to the Jurys Inn Aberdeen and I will personally look after your booking. Thank you once again for your positive comments.

Dublin
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights recently. It has a great location. You step off the airport bus at the last stop (the bus station); take the adjacent door into the shopping centre and upstairs to the hotel reception. This first floor is also the food court - so you have many restaurants to choose from. The train station is also part of this complex and Union Street is about a 5 minute stroll away (slightly uphill).
The room was typical in style to a good hotel chain. My only complaint was that I asked twice for a quiet room on an upper floor with a nice view (both at reservation and the day before while confirming). I was, however, given a room on the 2nd floor that looked on to the air conditioning units (I've added the view as a picture). That was a great disappointment. While I understand that all requests can't be guaranteed, they shouldn't be completely ignored.
Apart from that, it was an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Fife , Scotland
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Myself and my Partner spent the weekend in The Jury's Inn Aberdeen , for my birthday, and have to say that we could not have asked for more. Centrally located for all the shops and restaurants. Room was great and very clean had everything we needed and more, Staff where very attentive at all times , nothing was a problem to them and always smiling.

We have been to Aberdeen a couple of times now and have stayed in other Hotels, after our visit to the Jury's in Aberdeen we will now only stay there when we visit.

A great huge thank you also to Andrew McLoughlin - General Manager, for all his help with our booking etc, and thank you for making my birthday so special with all your help.

We have talked about nothing else with our friends and family since we got back , you will be highly recommended by us.

Can't wait untill our next visit ( Already planning it ) : - )

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with a group of friends, we all got rooms next to each other, great prices, so handy as its built into the shopping center "the square" rooms were good sized and clean and comfortable! Highly recommend!

• Stayed October 2012
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on your stay with us at the Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I was delighted to pass your comments on to the team.