“Perfect!”

Ranked #8 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
St. Andrews, United Kingdom
“Perfect!”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed a one night stay here 15/12/12. The standard of all aspects of the hotel was very high including cleanliness, efficiency and friendliness of staff and the range and presentation of breakfast food. The location of the hotel is great - especially if arriving by train and the various eateries and shops of Union Square are just on the doorstep.

Absolutely nothing negative to say about this hotel- will definitely return!!

Room Tip: We had a top floor room which was very quiet.
1 Thank Isobel1523

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
scotland
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed here one night on a night out in Aberdeen. Excellent location for train and bus station also the shopping centre at Union Square. Staff helpful, rooms spacious and comfortable. Excellent choice of breakfast and good quality of fresh fruits, hot cooked breakfast, cereals juices and scones and croissants just like in France. We would have dined in restaurant for evening meal but is was closed due to a party night. Overall a good choice would recommend for a short stay in Aberdeen.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank brunodog
Anstruther, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed one night at this hotel last weekend, and was very impressed. Having read reviews, I was unsure what to expect, but everything really was faultless. We arrived before midday not expecting to be able to check in, but were informed that there were rooms available, so meant we could go straight to our room and leave our bags. Room was excellent, very spacious with all the facilities you could want, with a lovely view over the city of Aberdeen. We found all staff to be friendly and helpful during our stay here. We decided to get up early for breakfast the following morning, as is usual with most hotels at weekends, you get the best out of the food on offer by going near the beginning of service. There was a large variety of food on offer from fresh fruit and yoghurt, to porridge, croissants and pastries, cooked items, scones, breads, cereals etc. - really everything you need to start the day. On checking out there is a secure area to leave luggage to save you carrying your bags around until you are ready to go. All in all, we found this to be a great hotel, in a very central location, at a very reasonable price. Will definitely return here.

2 Thank xlynnbx
Andrew M, General Manager at Jurys Inn Aberdeen, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for writing such a positive review. On behalf of everyone here at Jurys Inn Aberdeen, we are delighted you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed our full English breakfast buffet!

I would like you to contact myself directly on your next visit to Aberdeen. I will be more then delighted to make the necessary arrangements on your behalf.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post this review, your comments along with all other reviews will be displayed in our staff restaurant.

Aberdeen
Reviewed December 17, 2012

To avoid Xmas shopping carpark stampede, we took the bus into town from Ellon & stayed over at Union Square Jurys Inn on Sat Dec-15th. Got the "Saturday Shopping" deal which was £110pn including a £50 shopping voucher for Union Square: used this to pay for 3 course dinner, drinks & coffee for 2 in Prezzo restaurant (Italian) in Union Square centre (excellent - recommend it).

We'd taken note of reviews saying book upper floors (we got 6th), big & clean room, nice view. Shopped until we dropped in the afternoon then back to the hotel for a breather, such a convenient location. We knew the restaurant was closed so went to Prezzo, on to a couple of bars nearby then back to the Jurys Inn bar which - although much was reserved for an office party - still had room for us (the office party were still dining at that time)

Timing is everything in comedy *and* getting seated for breakfast: we appeared at 8am, when there were only a few people there. Breakfast options were very good, as per my pics; restaurant manager & staff were polite, attentive, excellent. Checking out was swift at 9.30am (deadline is 12). We enjoyed it, we'll stay again.

Room Tip: Choose upper floors away from bar area & good view of the city
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I enjoyed my 3 course meal this evening at Jurys Inn, I was pleasantly surprised by the food; I opted for the Duck Pate, Turkey & trimmings and the Christmas pud. I thought the portion sizes were substancial, the food was tasty and the timings of service were great. There was no waiting around between courses, the waiting staff were polite, friendly and efficient. I did not take tea or coffee as I only drink decaf and this was not available.

Unfortunately, I must echo the previous reviews regarding the after dinner disco. I did find it surprising we were being evicted from the dining area to a much smaller bar area where there was not enough seating for all in attendance.

Wirral, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 15, 2012

The food was distinctly average especially the incinerated beef - very over cooked and chewy. The starter and pud were OK but the coffee only Luke warm. However, the real problem was the disco which was placed in the public bar! When you pay for " bring a party to a party" you expect a private function room. No such luck! There were not enough seats for people to sit together and there were children in the bar area until 10! In addition the TV was on with the news on in the background - none of which is conducive to having a good night out. I left at 10.30 and went to get my coat from reception. This was given with a grunt across the counter. When I quite clearly said "thank you, good evening," the response was to ignore- she had heard - and look down. Both myself and my colleague could not believe her rudeness.
This hotel needs to provide a much better service if they are ever to get repeat business. AWFUL!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TwomanAberdeen
Dear reviewer,

We in Jurys Inn Aberdeen strive to ensure that all of our customers receive friendly, efficient service in comfortable surroundings. It is clear from reading your review that during your party this did not happen and for this I am sorry. I have carried out a thorough investigation of the issues raised in your review and they have been the subject of my meetings with staff and management.

As a goodwill gesture, I would like to offer you a complimentary meal for two stay in Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I do hope you will avail of this offer as it will afford us the opportunity to restore your faith in Jurys Inn Aberdeen. Please contact me directly and I will be delighted to make the necessary arrangements on your behalf.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Attended party to a party, the meal was as you would expect for the venue and christmas theme. However the party (disco) was in the main bar along with general public and hotel guests and even a wedding group who were having their reception there as well!!!!. The space is limited and do not expect a seat to enjoy your drink. Other Hotels normally have a separate function suite so why not the jury's inn for these occasions?

Dear reviewer,

Firstly I would like to thank you for choosing to have your Christmas Party at Jurys Inn Aberdeen. I take all your comments on board and appreciate that the hotel bar was extremely busy on the night in question. Unfortunately the hotel does not have a dedicated function room to hold such numbers. Your feedback nevertheless is very important to my self and will be discussed when looking ahead to Christmas 2013.

I hope the standard of service and food met your expectations. As a thank you for taking the time write a review, I would like you to contact myself directly on your next stay or visit to our Union Bar. May I take this opportunity to wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.