“The verdict's back on The Jurys Inn”
Review of Jurys Inn Aberdeen

Jurys Inn Aberdeen
Ranked #9 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed September 30, 2012

3rd stay at this hotel now. Our most recent stay was for a birthday weekend and as always, we were very pleased with what we found. Good sized, clean, well presented rooms, a clean bathroom with a great shower and very pleasant staff (especially Shannon the trainee!!). The hotel is ideally located just a few minutes walk from the station and right in the heart of Union Square shopping mall. On your day of departure, the hotel will store your luggage and shopping free of charge until your train leaves, leaving you free to do yet more shopping and have a few cheeky cocktails!!! We'd definitely recommend The Jurys for a well priced weekend break.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Jurys Inn Aberdeen

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I've stayed here a couple of times while travelling on business, and always i'm greeted by friendly, helpful staff (who once even carried my bag to my room!), and a clean, comfortable room and bathroom. Excellent location for travel or for going out for food/drinks. When the weather's bad (as it often is in Aberdeen!) you can leave the bus or train station, check into the hotel, and go for a meal at one of a number of restaurants without ever stepping foot outside. One thing I love about the Jury's Inn, you're usually guaranteed a consistently good (albeit pricey) breakfast. Staff are always happy to book a taxi for me. If I have the choice, I prefer to stay here when in Aberdeen.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights for work. Location wise, step off the train and the hotel is there upstairs in the Union Square shopping centre. Reception staff were extremely efficient and friendly and checked me in about 1 o'clock in the afternoon. Room was on the 6th floor with views towards the back of the railway station. No noise at all either night and had a great sleep! Room was clean and I liked the choice of pillows.
Food-had breakfast at the hotel both mornings. Usual choice of bacon,sausage, egg etc but what I really enjoyed was the massive bowl of chopped fresh fruit and the fresh pineapple. I ate in the hotel bar the second night. Would have preferred room service as I was travelling alone. All in all, a great stay. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Maybe a room on one of the higher floors with a view towards the railway station
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Typical Jurys Inn, nothing flash or inspiring just a comfy, simple place to stay.

It's brilliantly placed, fixed as it is onto the side of the Union Square Shopping Centre and right next to the train station.

There's very good restaurants (Musa especially) and bars (Brewdog obviously) within easy reach, which means you'd have to be a bit bonkers to eat or drink at the hotel.

A handy place business trip or a flying visit to the city.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here. Jumped of the train and the hotel was right there, perfect for my needs. I stay in aberdeen hotels very regular through work and i found this to be one the better on off. Nice meal and breakfast. Room was very clean and exactly what i needed. I found the staff very friendly too. Only slight problem was it is a bit noisy but its right bang in the city so i expected that.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank paradiseseeker398
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed there for a couple of nights, and had a terrible time. My room had not been cleaned at all for seemingly weeks! The duty manager was not particularly helpful and just watched me make the bed with the fresh bedlinen he eventually obtained, and I had to wipe the various stains on the surfaces with bathroom cleaning products that he eventually found for me, seriously the dirt was vile! I don't know what the cleaners did in that room but it wasn't cleaning. Service at the bar wasn't great either.

Unfortunately there was a large conference on in town and so there were no other rooms available meaning that I had to endure another night there. The second night a fire alarm at midnight meant that I and all the other guests had to stand in the street in our pyjamas for half an hour without an explanation until the following morning.

Room Tip: The Thistle hotel up the road is supposed to be great.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We walked in off the street for a meal in the bar.The service and food we recieved would put many a so called posh restaurant to shame. Steaks cooked to perfection.Prices are just the going rate for Aberdeen.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple