“Far overpriced”
Review of Jurys Inn Aberdeen

Jurys Inn Aberdeen
Ranked #8 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed May 27, 2012

We recently spent a week in Aberdeen, and stayed in 3 different hotels. The Jurys Inn was the most expensive hotel, yet had the smallest room and least amenities. At 177 GBP/night, plus 10 GBP/night for plug-in internet in the room (no wifi in the room, and only free wifi in the lounge), we felt ripped off. The bed was far too springy - felt like a cheap mattress with the springs poking you in the back. Drinks in the bar are very pricey. At least the breakfast is decent. Location is good, next to the train station, but Aberdeen is so small that any other hotel in the city center is only a quick and low cost taxi ride from the station.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Two of us went for a meal at lunchtime and to be honest I wish we never bothered. The bar area is lovely decorated and the hotel itself is very nice. The staff are friendly enough but it is the prices and quality of food I have a problem with. I ordered two drinks from the bar and was charged £10! It wasn't wine or cocktails, just two ciders! Needless to say we made those drinks last! I ordered a veggie burger and my friend went for the chicken burger. I didn't enjoy mine at all, it was one of those vegetarian ones that are meant to taste like proper beefburgers but never do! If I had known that I would never have ordered it. Not much salad or anything else and not worth the money in my opinion. My friends burger was 'ok' but again not worth the money. I don't think I will be rushing back!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank aberdeenquine09
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We were 20 French people. Everything was done for you to have a good stay. A welcoming letter with a map of the city. Staff smiling. WE were lucky to be on the 7th floor and we had a beautiful view. We will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the top floor.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank stefidave
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I agree with what other reviewers say. I know Aberdeen well, having lived and worked there for many years previously. The redevelopment of the old Guild Street bus station and rail terminus into this new complex is impressive. The parking in the NCP on College Street is a bit of a pain but you can access it directly via the rail station footbridge - still a wee hike to the car though. 15 quid for 24h parking. The hotel is odd in that access is via the mall, or a street level door after hours. Ours rooms were spacious enough, bathroom good, TV with plenty channels and breakfast good at about 7-8 quid a head. Traffic noise I wasn't even aware of, but as for returning late night revellers.... My one gripe is I wish they had a floor or wing exclusively for couples and families so we don't get the screeching drunks unable to open their doors or bouncing off the walls as they stagger back. I'm all for folks having a good night out, but I don't want to be wakened after midnight. Write this on your feedback form and maybe Jurys will take note.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I can't say that it was a bad stay, but it was nothing special. The rooms were clean, but very noisey after 05:30 in the morning. The hotel has a good central location in Aberdeen for shopping but there is alot of noise from the road on one side and the air conditioning on the other. I stayed on a top floor room away from the lifts, but it didn't help very much. Access via the mall entrance is not very inviting as is parking or getting a taxi from outside the station. The furniture by the windows in the bar downstairs smells of urine and the meal I had in the hotel restaurant was not very good at all taking into consideration the price. However in the mall there is plenty of variation to choose from, but get there before 19:00 or you will have to wait to be seated.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 1, 2012

This hotel is in the perfect location. Its right beside the train station and in the center of Aberdeen. Its a clean, modern hotel and the staff are fantastic.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I stayed at Jury's Inn for a weekend shopping trip. The weekend rate was very good value for Aberdeen. The room was comfortable and clean. In fact, someone came round to check I was happy with the standard of cleaning ... maybe they have read previous tripadvisor reviews and are taking action: good for them! The staff were really friendly and helpful.
I can imagine that the location in the shopping centre wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, but it was ideal for my shopping trip.
My only issue was the noisy extractor fan in the bathroom. Surely it doesn't need to run all night?
I ended the trip with a good breakfast. Full cooked breakfast and creamy porridge for 6.50. It wasn't in the room rate, but you can just turn up and get breakfast if you fancy it.
I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo