“Valentines Dinner”

Ranked #6 of 726 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Montmartre are the best at creating the finest cuisine using only fresh locally sourced produce, bringing a little bit of France into the heart of Aberdeen City. Private dining room available. Catering for all dietary requirements. With Scotland's larder matched with French flare, Technique and skill we give you Montmartre Restaurant.
Reviewed February 17, 2014

My partner and I dined here on Valentines Day. We arrived at 8pm shar for our seating and were asked where we would like to sit which was quite nice as normally you do not get that option in a restaurant.

As we chose to sit at a table in a mroe private area I think our original waitress forgot about us. However another waiter came over with our canapees and champagne when he realised we had not been served.

I had to roquefort tart for starter - it was a perfect starter size and the chutney complimented the tart perfectly. My partner had the mussles which he throughly enjoyed.

We both opted for the steak for our main course - it was beautifuly cooked and was very well seasoned. It was accompanied by dauphionoise potatoes and rocket salad with roasted tomatos. A very nice main course.

For pudding I opted for the chocolate brownie which i will admit I could not finish - not for lack of trying. It was very very good. My partner had the tart tatain and he commented it was not
what a normal tart tatin was usually like but still tasted good nonetheless.

It was a very nice evening all in all and I would definitley return to Cafe Monmartre.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

I went to Cafe Montmartre with my mum to celebrate Hogmanay. We had booked this based upon an amazing menu and great value.
The food was superb. The quality, preparation and presentation were of the highest standard and could not be faulted. My mum had a seafood platter which was absolutely amazing. Lobster, scallops, langoustines the lot!

The Staff were fantastic! They are friendly and very attentive. This is what service is all about- I don't normally like creme brûlée and it came as a part of my trio of desserts. However, I fell in love with Cafe Montmartre's creme brûlée so much so, that my mum asked the staff for another one for me. The staff came back with not only one EXTRA creme brûlée, but two. This is where my name of 6 pudding Emma came from!! We had such a laugh with the staff and I had the most amazing creme brûlée and service. I couldn't fault it at all!

The atmosphere was next to none. Funny sounding balloons flying around the room, staff having a laugh with customers and a general fun with amazing food. What more could you ask for?

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Had a lovely romantic meal on Saturday evening. Had garlic prawns, delicious, and the meat fondue. The service was excellent, the Chablis very good. Maybe a little overpriced, but will return

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Lovely setting, good service, excellent two course meal. Had a groupon voucher which made it fantastic value. We had the bread extra to start which was well worth it, really tasty. I would definitely recommend and will be back....very nice.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We have been there approx 8 times now within the last 18 months and have to say that we will go back another 8 times or more if we get the chance.
Never had a bad meal and the service is 5 star.
Only thing that let's them down is the high price of a glass of wine and we found the really good bottles of beer is very expensive.