The Craibstone Suites
$168
$151
$79
$66
Skene House Rosemount(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
$78
$89
$74
  • Restaurant
$167
$94
$95
$86
Aberdeen Marriott Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
$94
  • Pool
Mercure Aberdeen Caledonian Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
$54
  • Restaurant
Palm Court Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
$66
$52
$103
$93
Agoda.com
All reviewssuperior executive suitequiet squareunion streetgarden suiteno liftnice apartmentsself cateringseparate bedroomcity centrequality accommodationlaundry roomlovely bathroomon arrivalfirst floorexcellent locationpubs and restaurantsdefinitely stay here again
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is the second time myself and my partner have stayed in the Craibstone Suites and sadly we will not be returning. We had booked the Superior Suite but to be honest I'd just keep your money and book a smaller normal room. It feels very squeezed in and doesn't have the modern feel that the normal rooms have. Staff are very rude, I tried to have a conversation with one of the receptionists and she didn't even raise her head to give me a moments glance! Expensive, you can get better else where. And don't take out the sofa bed because they charge you £30 for it!!!!!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bowat, General Manager at The Craibstone Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you for your review - we're very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay here with us.

Whilst we respect your opinion, we do feel that our rates are fair and in keeping with other four star facilities in Aberdeen.

If you ever wish to book with us again please do not hesitate to contact reception who will be delighted to assist you and give you your choice of suite.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

enjoyed Craibstone Suites....excellent location just off Union St.....value for money with the benefit of catering facilities.....plenty of space...large bathroom....only one comment........very poor lighting, especially over the dining table, we stayed in room 103 and even over-looking Bon Accord Square there was no noise during the evening and night,even with University freshers halloween pub crawls in full flow!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed for a weekend break and loved every minute. The staff were friendly and helpful. We had a superior executive suite and it was spacious and immaculate and had everything we needed in it. A continental breakfast was provided in our room and was replaced daily when room was cleaned. It was nice not to have to get up early for breakfast and if you didn't want to eat out in the evening you have kitchen facilities at hand. It was also in a central location 2 minute walk to union street.

Room Tip: There is a lot of stairs to climb if your on top floor and no lift.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank caz197814
Reviewed August 20, 2012

After reading the reviews on here, my partner and I decided to book the Craibstone Suites for 2 nights. We booked the Superior Executive Suite - apparently the best available suites they have.

We were very disappointed with the quality of the rooms. For the best that they have available it’s quite shocking. We stayed 5 minutes in the Superior Executive Suite and asked for another room. The receptionist was very helpful and allowed us to view another room and decide if we wanted to move - which we did.

The problems with the Superior Executive Room - The actual room was bigger but it was not well laid out. There was only one tiny sofa facing a wall directly infront of you. When watching TV you would have to strain you're neck to look up it was that close. The bedroom was tiny and one bedside light was broken. The kitchen was bigger with a table and chairs, but again one spotlight bulb was broken. To be honest, even if the bulbs were working it still wouldn't be enough lighting. My partner had a sore head from the dullness in the rooms. There was no view as the windows were looking directly at the side of a building. We generally felt crammed into the suite. The only good aspect of this suite was the bathroom which I couldn’t fault. It had a large shower and bath which looked lovely.

The Smaller room (don't know which suite it was) - We moved to a smaller room across the hall but it was much better. There was a proper seating area with 2 sofas’ (one sofa was broken and wouldn't fold away properly at the bottom), and large TV which was more practical for us. It was a smaller kitchen but that’s only expected. It made such a difference having 3 big windows unlike the Superior suite, we didn’t feel crammed in and the lighting was slightly better.

The heating in the room was slightly pathetic. It was either freezing or roasting hot. Through the day we had to leave the windows open to let the room cool. When taking a shower it would be nice to have an extractor fan, but no. This meant that the room was stuffy and ridiculously hot even when the windows were open.

The bathroom was tiny; it was joined onto the bedroom and had a sliding glass door. The shower door was pathetic and kept collapsing when opening and closing. My partner had to come and open the door for me to stop it collapsing on top of me. This was very dangerous and quite scary. I don’t understand why they can’t get it fixed or invest in a decent shower door.

There are no balconies as described on the website. I had specifically asked for a room with a balcony but I was told that they didn’t receive my request as I booked online. Apparently, there are only 2 rooms with a balcony - one of which is tiny, judging by other travellers reviews.

I also noticed that there is a sofa in the entrance hall. At night they take away the pillows on the sofa? Really off-putting that you are staying somewhere where people will assume the guests might steal the pillows.

There are some nice touches such as milk, orange juice, cereals and croissants that are replenished daily. However, these nice touches cannot hide the faults in both rooms we were in. For the price that light bulbs and a lick of paint would cost, I really think they need to make the effort.

There is a lack of parking directly outside the hotel. If you are lucky enough to get a space, it will set you back roughly £3 per hour up until 8pm. There are other car parking facilities available nearby but this is a nuisance when walking with luggage.
Overall I will not be staying at the Craibstone Suites again, it’s a great location but not for us.

Room Tip: Don't be fooled into thinking the Superior Executive is the best. Ask for a room on the second floor - apparently these are the better rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AR58
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I loved the suites. They are in a superb location just behind Union Street, but are quiet as they are in a little Georgian townhouse square. Apartment was great. Large TV, great cooking area (breakfast croissants, orange juice etc. replenished daily) large balcony area, separate bedroom with comfy bed and a huge bathroom. It was spotless too. It was great to come back after a day out to newly made up beds etc. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family