“Not as wonderful as I remember it being.”
Review of Pavarotti's - CLOSED

Pavarotti's
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Pavarotti's opening Hours:Tuesday - Saturday between 12-9
Oslo
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not as wonderful as I remember it being.”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Went to Pavarotti's as we'd been there a couple of years ago, and the food then was wonderful. We ordered a pork belly which wasn't crunchy and a bit dry with a side which didn't look very appetizing (mixture of potato's and red onions?). The calamari was also a little disappointing as it wasn't crunchy enough and the sauce should have been more like an aioli type sauce rather than a tomato sauce which had a layer of oil on top. The mussels were very nice and would have that again. Staff was friendly but was not attentive enough at times.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank RenatheJ

Uk
“Disappointing dining experience”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I had been wanting to try pavarottis for quite sometime, it has always looked quite special from the outside and boasts "Fine Italian Dining". Inside the decor was average, not very bright, no candles or table lighting, no decent art work, nice white linen tables but cloths but sadly covered with burgandy paper cloths.
The menu was not what I expected for fine dining, no classic veal dishes, saltimbocca, monk fish etc. Mostly pasta with uninspiring sauces like pesto, puttanesca, bolognaise or carbonara that are everyday at home dishes! Quite a limited menu, which needn't be a bad thing but the dishes need to be packed with flavour and appeal and they just weren't. Bread was charged extra at £3.50 and there was no wine list which I found unacceptable for a "fine dining" venue. We were told the wine list was being re vamped but they could offer four white wines, no prices given!
The main courses were okay, nothing to complain about, it was hot and edible but that was about it. My main was baked hake and fennel broth which was literally a piece of fish on a braised fennel bulb. No other veg or potato etc. The tiramisu was less than average, a rectangle of flavourless sponge on a bare plate, no presentation or appeal at all.
The chef / manager appeared often in a dirty chefs jacket wihich bore his name, serving food and taking orders. The whole place seemed to lack identity and appeal. I wonder if it has changed hands recently as we also noticed the web site is very very out of date and no menus available on line?

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Lulu-Abz
PavAberdeen, Manager at Pavarotti's, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Firstly I would like to apologise for the fact that you seemed to dislike everything about the restaurant. We will start with the wine list you are right that its not acceptable to have the wine list off. But on request the staff were able to tell everybody prices and sizes. As for the fine dining aspect since January we have not claimed to be a fine dining restaurant and all the customers we have are really enjoying our new relaxed feel and to be honest if all the stuff you mentioned before we even got to the food was an annoyance for you I must question why you even stayed around to order food? We have a very clear menu board outside that states what food we do so to come on here and complain about the food we don't do is quite funny actually. But after reading the review and all the points you made it would make me think someone who knows how a restaurant should be would realise monkfish isn't in season at this time of year hence why it is not on the menu. I am very sorry you didn't enjoy your experience but if you had told someone on the night we would have tried our best to improve your experience as we do not like to see people leaving unhappy. But saying nothing then complaining on tripadvisor does not help anyone. Lastly just to point out 1 of the problems with this review there is not a dish with hake and fennel broth on our menu although the sea-bream with fennel broth is our most popular dish to which a lot of people who come back will order on more than one occasion.
Portlethen, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Trying too hard to be something it just is not!!!”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

For my recent wedding anniversary my Morther-in-Law wanted to treat my husband and I to a nice meal out. I had always wanted to go to Pavarotti's so my husband told her and she booked a table for 8pm on the night of our Anniversary. I was really looking forward to it as love italian food. I was so disappointed with the whole evening. Firstly we were squashed into a corner next to the window with no room to move our seats once in - too many tables squeezed into the place!!! The menu was very limited and my poor husband really struggled to find anything he liked and ended up with Spagetti Bolognese which he said had no taste. My meatballs were the same - no taste at all. Service was slow even though it wasnt busy with the staff seeming more interested in yapping to each other than serving their customers. After our meal we had a coffe but didnt enjoy that either as the "manager" was sitting in a table in plain view obviously adding up the nights takings and making us feel most unwelcome. We left at 9.45pm!!!!

So all in all a very disappointing evening and extreamly over-priced for what they are offering. Definately would not recommend this resaurant and will not be going back.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Elaine S
PavAberdeen, Manager at Pavarotti's, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Firstly I would like to apologise for your experience. I was just saying to my staff the other day we have not had any complaints within the restaurant for around 1 month and then this review show up. Which puts me to the point of if people are going to tell everybody on tripadvisor maybe it's best to tell the people who were serving you so we could have tried to do something about it. Instead of leaving without a peep and then sitting on here complaining about it. As for the price of the food if we went any lower we wouldn't be making any money I know that our prices are very good compared to other places around us that's why we do our research. It's unfortunate that in your opinion this place isn't great everyone is entitled after all.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Lunchtime Special”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Just used a £12 'itison voucher' for the lunch menu for two inclusive of glass of prosecco each. Even if you had to pay normal price of £15 for food only is good value. Surprised at some of the negative reviews as our experience was fantastic. Well received on arrival even though we were early, food arrived in stages and why someone could complain about portions/choices beggars belief! Bigger surprise as we also had 2 coffees with large chocolate cookies. When I went to pay for these extras I was told they 'were on the house'. We'll be back soon!!! DON'T BE PUT OFF WITH SOME NEGATIVE COMMENTS SEEN EARLIER. SOME FOLK ARE JUST COMPLAINERS AND NEVER PLEASED. RichardC, Kingswells, Aberdeen.

• Visited April 2013
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Pre Theatre Dining”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We had a pre-theatre menu and had a starter, main course and desert. The choice for the pre-theatre menu was excellent and my husband had mussels, while I had a lamb bruchetta, then we both had carbonara, then a panacotta. The house red wine was also very good and the whole meal with coffee and a pre-dinner drink came to less than £70. We will go back!

Visited April 2013