“Good food, friendly service”

Chinatown Restaurant
Ranked #173 of 713 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 27, 2013

A pleasant surprise for me. My first time to visit and certainly not my last. Visited with a group which allowed us to order a big selection from the menu and sample the different meals. Nothing disappointed! Stand out courses were, the crispy duck, szechuan chicken and the golden tempura. Not, cheap, (not expensive either) but superb value when you consider the quality of the food. The staff were attentive, ready to smile and happy to help with any request. A 10 out of 10. Well done!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I've been to this restaurant many times over the years and it used to be a firm favourite, however, there seems to be something missing. As with most chineses restaurants in Aberdeen, there seems to have been a decline in both the standard of food and the premises. Our recent visit was on a Friday evening without a reservation. The premises were initially busy enough for us (5 persons) to be shown upstairs, which lacks the atmosphere of downstairs. We ordered a mixture of the special Chinese banquet and one of the lower priced set meals. Unfortunately, the ribs and chicken satay for the starters were both lukewarm and should have been much hotter. The Aromatic Duck course was good and the selection of main courses was nothing inspirational and were a bit on the bland side. By the time we left, which was not late, the premises were entirely empty, which was not a good sign on a Friday evening. One downside for the gents toilets is there is no hot water (don't think this has ever been any different and is not particularly hygenic!).

Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

A warm welcome greeted me at the restaurant, it wasn't busy though. The starter was tasty but not 'sticky' as the menu described. Portion sizes weren't great which was a let down. Overall it wasn't a bad meal. I may go again.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We came in for Dim Dum which is extensively advertised outside the restaurant. Unfortunately the restaurant has stopped doing this and now only offers it as a starter. We had this for two which was very good, but quite heavy for a starter. We also had a crispy noodles with beef, chicken and king prawns, and a Tsing Tao chicken with egg fried rice. All were excellent, with the beef being especially tender. Service was very pleasant and efficient and the food came at exactly the right speed. Value was good.

Despite our initial dissapointment about no dim sum, we came away very happy with the restaurant, and would recommend.

1  Thank DavidA689
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Don't know why this place isn't full every night. I've eaten here virtually every time I visit Aberdeen (and that's a lots of meals) and I've never had a bad one. They staff are quietly attentive and the prices are good - just over £30 for my 2 course meal (which included a bottle of wine).