“Great Chinese”

Chinatown Restaurant
Ranked #139 of 671 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Great Chinese”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I don't know what it is about the way they cook the food but it always tastes great. There's a really varied menu and the prices are OK. Try the Malaysian fried rice for a change - it adds just a little more kick to your meal.

Visited April 2011

Aberdeen
“Excellent food!”
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Went to China Town with a group of 10 friends. Loved the fact that we had a big round table as it meant that we could all interact with one another throughout the meal.

We chose to order from the set menu (2 chose the vegetarian option and the other 8 of us chose the £20 menu). The food was delicious and there was lots of it. We had a mixture of starters and dips (spring rolls, chicken satay, prawns etc), followed by duck pancakes, an assortment of mains (prawns, chicken, pork, rice, noodles) and finally a desert. All food was put on the turning table in the centre making it easy to share and I cannot stress enough how good it was! Most definitely the best Chinese meal I've enjoyed in some time!!!

The service was very good and as I've said the food was plentiful. We were given the option to request more of any particular dish we wanted but we did not find this necessary. I would definitely recommend Chinatown and will most certainly return in the future.

• Visited September 2011
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Bland food, disappointing”
Reviewed April 28, 2011

The whole experience was disappointing for this restaurant. I had been twice before, over two years ago, but based on this visit I wouldn't bother going back when there is now much better Chinese restaurants out there.
The staff were pleasant, but not very welcoming and inexperienced and it showed initially at the bar where drinks were lazily mixed. The menu was large and cluttered with what has come to be expected of run of the mill Chinese restaurants and the food began okay. Starters tasted fine and are typical of bought-in spring rolls, etc. When we asked about the choices of duck – Peking or aromatic – the staff replied with “the aromatic is more nicer.” We just sensed there was a real lack in enthusiasm for their food and this then really showed in the main course. They were bland and tasteless and were not as described on the menu. We offered our feedback on this and it was taken graciously.
It all seems typical of Chinese restaurants in Aberdeen now. Bistros and restaurants that offer local produce, Scottish cuisine offer enthusiasm and knowledge of their menus and they recognise that customers enjoy this aspect. However Chinatown is a stark contrast. Chop-Chop in Edinburgh is an exciting place to dine and shows how good Chinese food can be when prepared and delivered with a passion. Chop-Chop re-ignited my interest in Chinese food when I visited last year, but Chinatown has just extinguished it again, in Aberdeen anyway.

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank eastdll
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Everything we've tried were excellent. If...”
Reviewed October 13, 2010

Everything we've tried were excellent. If you want authentic Chinese food or dimsum, then this is the only place that I recommended. Yum~~~~

1 Thank Heleny831
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Place for genuine Chinese food”
Reviewed July 29, 2009

This place is run by Chinese. I think the owner is from Hong Kong. The waiters and waitresses are mainly from Hong Kong and Malaysia and they all speak fluent Cantonese.

I don't know what else to say than just "I feel like home". I am a Chinese myself and I guess that would mean something. Trust me, if you want genuine Chinese food, this is the place.