“Good stay, again.”

Holiday Inn Express - Aberdeen Exhibition
Ranked #22 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Had three pleasant nights at this hotel on Business. Everything very smooth and efficient. The bar offers some food in the evening such as burgers or curry. I had tried both dishes and was surprised to find they are excellent. Easily the best burger I've had in years.

Nice friendly staff and plenty of free parking.
Free wifi is very good in the room and allows streaming video with no loss of performance.

Nice to see the breakfast has improved since last time, although still falls short of a good cooked one. The cooked selection is poor and badly presented. There are plenty of warm crossiants and other items which were plentiful.
Good job guys.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
aeccexpress, Deputy Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Aberdeen Exhibition, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Dear Sharkx

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel again and found everything to your satisfaction.
I’m glad that you tried our express Snack Menu, and found both dishes excellent.
We have improved our breakfast selection and you noticed we have. We will certainly take your comments on board with the cooked breakfast…. Maybe in the future this might/could happen!! Who knows?
I will certainly pass on the positive feedback to my lovely staff.

I hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Pamela Howieson
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Couldn't fault this hotel. Lovely friendly staff, clean, comfortable rooms and good facilities. We weren't looking for anything fancy for a two night stay, just a comfy bed, so this was surprisingly good. Didn't find it cheap but Aberdeen seems to carry a premium for most things.The breakfast is a fairly plain self-service buffet and nothing special, but expectations should be realistic. The hotel was clean and quiet and much more attractive than it's big sister next door.

Room Tip: 420 had a lovely view of north sea
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Neil B

Thank you for taking the time to review us an amazing 5 Stars.
I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, found the hotel clean, Bed comfy and enjoyed the facilities which lived up to your expectations.
As with all hotels in Aberdeen we are very busy during the week and our room prices reflect this level of demand.

Thank you once again for your review and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Pamela Howieson
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

I stay here fairly regularly, it's always the same standard specification, clean rooms, comfortable sheets, free internet. It's a good place to stay. However it's £15 each way to the city centre so I prefer the more central HI express. Foods acceptable.

Stayed: July 2014
aeccexpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Aberdeen Exhibition, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Dear Wingnutracing,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I appreciate your feedback and I am glad you found everything in the hotel to your satisfaction.
I am however sorry you found our location a bit to far for you from the city centre but hope this will not detract you from using us again

Reviewed July 2, 2014

My wife and Iwent to help bring my daughter and all her possesions back from University. With iy being a 740 mile round trip we decided to have Friday and Saturday nights in Aberdeen. The hotel was good value for money. It was clean and welcoming, the staff were great and the breakfast was excellent value.

I have no problem recommending this hotel and will probably we staying again when we take my daughter and her belongings back for her second year.

Room Tip: Go for a high floor and ask for a sea view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
aeccexpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Aberdeen Exhibition, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Dear DMC1958,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay.

I am really pleased to hear you have been well looked after and that the hotel provided the facilities you required for a short break.
I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel when you return your daughter to Aberdeen University in the Autumn.

Thank you once again for your review and for choosing to stay with at the hotel.
Yours Sincerely

Reviewed June 30, 2014

stayed up to be close to the aberdeen sports village swimming pool . The hotel is next to the exhibition centre just at the other end of bridge of don .It was about 5 mins drive to the swimming pool which was great and free parking. Value for money was brill and even a free breakfast and wifi thrown in. Room was spacious and clean. Great staff .we got a very warm welcome from reception staff. I did not get the name of the girl checking us in but it was only her first week but she was very good.
will be back if in Aberdeen again

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
aeccexpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Aberdeen Exhibition, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Dear ScotEdinburgh,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay.

I am so pleased to hear that we where ideal for your swimming event and the you found the facilities in the hotel fitted your needs for the time you where here. I am also pleased to hear that our newest member of our team has been recognised for her performance, which I will certainly pass on to her.
Thank you once again for your feedback and for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Stayed here last Fri/Sat for the Brewdog AGM at the AECC and found the Hotel well up to standard. Check-in (& out) was slick, friendly and efficient and our room (on the 5th) had a fabulous view out to sea (beyond the car park). Furnishings in excellent condition (shades of Ikea), spotlessly clean and Air-Con worked well. My wife had no problem getting her i-pad signed in and good WiFi signal throughout our stay. Buffet breakfast was included in the price (£50 room/night) and was perfectly adequate. Superbly located for the AECC and surrounding business park, (its raison d'etre, after all) but otherwise rather remote if you're - as we were - sans-car for the (VERY Convivial !) Brewery event!. A good 20 minute bus ride into/from the city centre with a somewhat reduced service into the evening and Sundays. Great value, though, and we'd certainly go back for a similar event.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as high as possible, and on the east (seaward) side. West side looks down into car p...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Graham_d505

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay.
I am pleased to hear that you found the hotel very convenient for the AECC and that you enjoyed Brew Dog that took place.I am also pleased to hear that you found all the facilities in the hotel fitted you needs for the time you where with us.
Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us and I hope it is not too long before welcome you back.

Kind Regards

Reviewed June 23, 2014

My sister and I stayed here last weekend to see Dolly at the AECC next door. Room was clean, quiet, bed was comfy, shower was powerful, what more do you need. Check in and out was easy and the breakfast was very tasty and at £55 for the night and brekkie it was a bargain. Will stay here again..

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Kaylair

Thank you for taking the time to write a review
I am glad to hear you enjoyed the Dolly Parton Concert and that you found the hotel provided all the facilities that you needed for an enjoyable stay.
I hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon.
Thank you once again for your feedback and for staying with us