“A really nice surprise”

Holiday Inn Express - Aberdeen Exhibition
Ranked #26 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We usually book into Holiday Inn which is directly in front of this hotel but the oil and gas exhibition made booking hotels extremely difficult. We believed that the Express was a sort of poorer cousin but how wrong we were. There is ample parking. The reception area is clean, light and airy. The adjoining bar is comfortable and spacious. Although we had to attract bar staff attention from stocking shelves whilst customers waited to be served. The reception staff were welcoming and professional. The only real difference between the two hotels for me was the size of the bed which I thought smaller in the Express. Other than that I am struggling to choose a clear favourite. No problems with wi-Fi. We would certainly visit again as the hotel is ideally situated to visit Aberdeen and surrounding area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
aeccexpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Aberdeen Exhibition, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear Jeffrey W,

Thank you of taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Aberdeen Exhibition Centre.

I am really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the standards and service provided where a nice surprise for you.

Thank you once again for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We found out that only 30 min of free wi fi was included when we checked in. I would not have booked this hotel if I knew that. The hotel was clean and the staff friendly enough. The breakfast was okay but no wi fi pretty much kills it for me.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
aeccexpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Aberdeen Exhibition, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Nancyinlondon,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express AECC.

I am sorry to hear that you where dissatisfied with having only 30 mins of free WIFI. However I am pleased to inform you that all Holiday Inn Express Hotels in the Uk now provide free wifi access to all guests as of the 1st September.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write a review and I look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my small house trained Dalmatian on the weekend of 24th August. There were no problems and the stay was comfortable. My dog slept in her own bed with no problems..
I have just tried to book again and now the hotel states "NO PETS". This is very confusing as the Reception staff thought Mia was lovely, she doesn't bark, make a mess or cause any problems, so basically pet owners beware! If you stayed here before with your pet you cannot take them any more. I stayed in the Holiday Inn Express (newer building access at top of 1st Floor car ramp)
My suggestion to the Hotel is to make just a few rooms available for pet owners!!!

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, make sure it overlooks Ellon Road, especially if there is a function on at...

Dear Hsibblad,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent saty at the Holiday Inn Express AECC.

I am glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay overall at the hotel and I take note of your comment regarding the hotel pet policy. However the hotel has always had a no pet policy in effect with the exception of assistance dogs and is clearly indicated on the hotel website. I am sorry if the staff on duty did advise you of this on your arrival at the hotel.

thank you once again for your comments and for taking the time to write a review of your stay

Reviewed August 31, 2013

The desk, closet, and bathroom are all efficiently placed and clean. I can tell the hotel paid attention for business travelers. The only drawback was the window was muddy / dirty, so they should clean it more often. The breakfast was good too. I would consider holiday inn express next time I travel b/c of this stay.

Room Tip: don't pick the room facing the inland. the sunset light is a bit bothering.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Dear backspin18,

I am glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us at the hotel and you found every thing to your satisfaction. I am however sorry to hear that you found the windows dirty on this occasion but will hard work to ensure that they are more regularly cleaned.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Yours Sincerley

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Stayed here for one night in August 2013 in a twin room. The service is acceptable, beds comfortable, showers good and even the "basic" Internet connection cuts the mustard (beware, some sites are blocked). There's also enough parking nearby, so that should not be too troublesome. Of course, the surroundings are not that glorious, but for a short stay it does not matter that much. Breakfast is a partial mix of continental and cooked - at least there is enough to start the day. For £60, it's not too bad and would probably call again if I could not find a better deal nearby.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
aeccexpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Aberdeen Exhibition, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear Marek90,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the holiday Inn Express Aberdeen Exhibition Centre.

I am glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us at the hotel and have awarded us 4 stars for your last visit. AS you have commented we are located right next door to the Aberdeen Conference Centre and Aberdeen Science park, which is ideal if your here on Business. For those on leisure the beach area and Aberdeen countryside are only minutes away from the hotel.
Thank you once again for writing a review and I hope it is not to long before we welcome you back.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed here in Aug 2013, for three nights.

This is the third time we have stayed here for a long weekend.

The HIE at Bridge of Don is a really pleasant place to stay. The rooms are more than adequate - very pleasant, modern, fresh-looking, well appointed. The shower-room / toilet facilities are also very bright and modern. Top Tip: Ask for a sea-view room on a high-floor for an amazing view out to Aberdeen Bay.

The Staff are always very friendly and efficient, too.

The location is on the route North out of town, but well-placed for many of the oil service companies who have bases in that part of the city.

The only complaint I have is that too often breakfast foodstuff didn’t last long in the hot trays. There didn’t seem to be enough kitchen/waiting staff on duty. As it was very busy when we were there (height of Summer season), the cooked breakfast food that was put out disappeared very quickly. If the HIE manages to get this (not unimportant point!!) right, then I would have been happy to award five starts here, rather than just four.

Otherwise, very good.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea-view room on a high-floor for an amazing view out to Aberdeen Bay.

Dear Honkongface,

I am glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us at the hotel and have awarded us 4 stars for your last visit. I am however sorry to hear that you felt breakfast was not replenished quickly enough. We strive to ensure that we keep on top of this the most important meal of the day and can only apologise if we did not replenish the dishes quickly enough.

Thank you once again for staying with us and for writing your review.
I hope it is not to long before we welcome you back.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

As the title says but not the place to stay if you are on your hols, separate restaurant in main building can be a pain and no room service so it's just the basics but the showers are good as are the beds so its all you need. Small buffet breakfast available in the morning without going to main hotel which is handy

Room Tip: Get one near to the ironing room if you need to iron your clothes
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
aeccexpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Aberdeen Exhibition, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear George S,

I am glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us at the hotel. As you have discovered we are located next to the Aberdeen Exhibition Centre and Science park, making us very handy for anyone attending a conference or concert or even visiting clients in the local area. We are also ideal for anyone who wants to be outside the busy city centre.
Thanks you for providing your feedback and I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the future.

Yous Sincerely