“Great stay”

Holiday Inn Express - Aberdeen Exhibition
Ranked #20 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed in a family room for a night recently and was very pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, spacious and had tea/coffee making facility. Shower was a decent size and with good water pressure. Breakfast was buffet style with cereals, yoghurts, sausages eggs, breads etc. Great base for an overnight stay while exploring the area. Staff were friendly and courteous too.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
aeccexpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Aberdeen Exhibition, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear Chickaboo68,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Aberdeen Exhibition Centre.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the amenities to your satisfaction. I am also pleased to hear that my colleagues provided friendly and efficient service for you.

Thank you once again for writing your review and I hope it is not too long before we welcome you back

Your Sincerely

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last month for two nights while on a works course a very modern hotel very clean,nice bar reasonably priced,A few draw backs you have to pay for the interner after half an hour also you have to travel to the hotel in front to use there restraunt facilities,but overall not a bad hotel

Room Tip: Ten minutes on the bus to aberdeen centre bus stop right outside hotel.

Dear h7tog,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the amenities to your satisfaction. Sorry that you had issues with the internet access but from the 1st of July 2013 all IHG reward card Gold and platinum members receive free wi-fi through out their stay and from next year all guests will receive free wi-fi.

Your Sincerely

Reviewed July 6, 2013

stayed here for 5 nights in june in spite of being a new hotel did not have adequate soundproofing to indoor or out and we sleopt poorly for the first three nights due to the large number of business guests coming and going ast all hours and congregqting outside the front door unfortunately our room was just above also you had to fight your way through the smokers who did not walk down to the benc and ashtrays provided. the room itself was nice and the breakfast fine apart from the reconstituted egg. the hotel was also expensive by express standards. we did get used to the noise eventually

Room Tip: ask for one away from the front
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
aeccexpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Aberdeen Exhibition, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear CleethorpesGtfcfan,

I am glad to hear that you found your bedroom nice and breakfast adequate for your needs.As you have indicated the room rates are high midweek in Aberdeen. It is an exceedingly busy city midweek and room rates charged by all hotels are high due to the high demand for bedrooms in the city.The prices charged by the hotel are reflective of the rates of all similar rated hotels in the city
I am however sorry to hear that your stay was disturbed by other users of the hotel and can only apologise if you felt the soundproofing was not adequate.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the hotel.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

A new holiday inn express, that does what you would expect.
Good quality 'no frills' accommodation, located out of town.
Short drive to the airport, makes it an ideal base if returning from touring the area.

Stayed: April 2013
aeccexpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Aberdeen Exhibition, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear Paul W,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express AECC.

I am glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at the hotel and you found the location an ideal base for exploring the Aberdeen-shire countryside. Located only 3 miles from Aberdeen city centre, with excellent transportation links, makes us ideal for both countryside and city centre

Thank you once again for writing a review of your stay and I hope to welcome you back in the future.

General manager

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I had a 2 night stay in June 2013, to attend a conference at the adjacent conference centre. The hotel is well out of town, so expect to use car/bus/taxi to reach the city centre. However perfectly located for the conference centre.

The room was excellent. Very comfy bed, with sofa and work desk. Very good shower in the en-suite bathroom. I slept well. The in-room air conditioning was average at best, and nowhere near as good as you get at, say, Ibis.

The breakfast was ok, nothing special, but acceptable given breakfast is included in all rates. The hot breakfast is very limited (sausage, scrambled egg and beans only - no bacon or mushrooms), and as per most hotel breakfasts, the sausages looked very undercooked but tasted ok.

No restaurant service available, however the other Holiday Inn immediately adjacent provide a full restaurant and bar meals service.

The hotel provide a luggage storage service on the day of departure, which I always appreciate.

I did identify a flaw in the hotels security system - the lifts only serve the two entrance levels by default. To access the bedroom floors via the lifts, you need to swipe a room card. This is obviously for security reasons. However an intruder can easily circumvent this by walking up the stairs, which don't require a card swipe to access bedroom floors. Assuming the hotel read this, you may wish to address this loophole by putting a card reader on the door by the side of reception that leads to the staircase.

I would certainly stay here again if attending the conference centre, and I can get a rate similar to what I paid this time. I don't think Holiday Inn Express in general are worth some of the higher rates that I see them sometimes advertise, but I was very pleased with the advance purchase rate I got here in Aberdeen. Well done IHG!

Dear Richy-uk_1,

I am glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at the hotel and you found every thing to fit your needs whilst you stayed with us. I take note of your suggestion of a key system on the Stair well to further improve security and it certainly something we will look into in the future

Thank you once again for staying with us and I hope to welcome you back in the future

General manager

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed for one night in June 2013. Very nice hotel but a bit far out of town. Hotel in very good condition, nice rooms and very clean. Efficient check in and check out. Some of the bar service could have been better. Room I had had 2 single beds but was comfortable and spotless. Shower power could have been better.

Dear Raymondo1951,

I am glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us at the hotel and found the staff pleasant and efficient in the performance of their duties. I am however sorry you did not find your power shower very strong, it is not a compliant that we have had before, but I will certainly have the maintenance team check all our showers to ensure that they are working to effectively

Thank you once again for writing a review of your stay and I hope it will not be to long before we welcome you back.

General Manager,

Reviewed June 17, 2013

This was my first experience of using a Holiday Inn, I usually hostel it or camp, but as we were staying one night only, it was good value. Luckily we are also able to take advantage of the Disabled Rail Card, which offers discounts for weekend breaks.
The staff were friendly and accommodating. Offering us a room with a wet room shower, for my partner. Shame I couldn't open the window, as the window was dirty I couldn't see any view, but what do you expect to see out of an Aberdeen Hotel bedroom window anyway?
Unlike some I enjoyed the breakfast, I've had worse in hostels and paid more..I loved the toaster machine by the way. Oh and the little bag with the goodies was nice.
I'll stay there again if I ever come to Aberdeen(not impressed! nowhere to park and too many drunks!)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Allan S,

I am glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at the hotel and you found every thing to fit your needs whilst you stayed with us. I am sorry the window did not open for you but regret that the sea facing windows are all permanently sealed due to the strong winds that some times effect this part of the coast. All the rooms in the hotel are however fully air conditioned.