Tripadvisor

Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Set in Aberdeen’s trendy west end, No.1 is a chic bar/grill situated on Queens Terrace. Whether you visit for a drink, coffee, light snack, lunch or dinner, our Aberdeen restaurant offers comfort and convenience to satisfy every kind of appetite. At No.1 we pride ourselves in giving our diners fine Scottish foods in a relaxed, informal atmosphere, with first class hospitality always guaranteed. Whether you are dining with friends or colleagues, having a business meeting or reunion, here at No.1 you are guaranteed professional and friendly service in relaxed surroundings.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Only my second time here, but it won't be my last. Great meal. Attention to detail. Happy to accommodate food intolerances.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (556)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

No1 BAR AND GRILL STUNNING SUBLIME

Hello trip advisor folks, Barry Allan here and believe me I don't use the words stunning or sublime lightly, be assured No 1 bar and grill certainly does deserve those words.

Upon entering No1 we are met with a bright, well decorated contemporary restaurant. There is a well-stocked bar and a wood burning fire in the corner, giving the place a really cosy feel. My guests and I were welcomed by assistant manager Tom and the brilliant team members, Megan and Gregor who were spot on all evening thank you.

A well laid out table awaited us, the menu was suitable for vegetarians’ vegans and all intolerances. We perused the menu.

My guest Mike opted for the scallops in miso broth, served with kohlrabi lotus root crisps and onion seeds as did I. My other guest Graham opted for the scotch egg, in Cullen skink sauce and crispy leeks, oh yes very nice indeed. Everything looked so tasty, Mike opting for the venison loin with a spiced chocolate ganache celeriac puree and winter veg, I could not refuse, as it sounded special and I also chose this. Graham decided on the catch of the day, fillet of salmon, parmentier potatoes, celeriac puree and baby leeks with a Grenoble sauce. We sat back enjoying our surroundings and waited for our food, not knowing what food excellence was coming our way.

The starters, scallops big and juicy, looked a delight on my plate cooked to perfection, the onions sauce and root crisps balanced the dish very well indeed and the taste was just fantastic, an excellent starter. Graham’s scotch egg also looked fantastic, made with a twist, coated in potato, what a result he said, the flavors were delicious, not over seasoned with the right amount of bite, we were all chuffed at the starters we had chosen.
Now to our mains OH YES!!!!

WOW, WOW, WOW and please believe me folks when I say this, as I said stunning! The three plates of food set before us were simply beautiful. The venison was perfectly cooked, medium rare with an amazing chocolate ganache, with just a hint of chili served with lovely root vegetables and the smoothest potato fondant I have ever tasted, it looked just wonderful a real joy, what can I say. The fish was top notch, well cooked and bursting with flavor, it could not have been better, Graham said everything we ate was five star no doubt, amazing meal!

Now onto desert, it was at this point our chef Colin, who has been chef for twenty years and in his words “loves experimenting with food” he came out to greet us and what a fountain of knowledge he is. His passion for good food shone through so clearly. It was a delight to meet him and as a gesture, he said he would offer myself and guests a taster of all the desserts on offer. What can I say, oh my goodness, we had chocolate fondant and the tastiest rice pudding, mint cheesecake, banana caramel and the sweetest creamiest ice cream, absolute heaven just fantastic.

I could go on and on, but I will just say folks everything about No1 is five star. All that is left for me to say is, if you are in the city of Aberdeen please head to No1 for the best food and service you could ask for guaranteed, highly recommended.

Best wishes
Barry Allan

1  Thank barry a
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Absolutely lovely food and cocktails - service attentive- always worry about ordering a burger but u get a great quality home made steak burger here.

Reviewed December 23, 2019

Our Managing Director has attended many Christmas outings over the years and said nothing will come close to the food and outstanding service provided by No1. No1 for a reason.....

Outstanding.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed December 16, 2019

This is the third time that I've been to No 1 this year and was very disappointed. I ordered the "chicken liver parfait" as a starter - it was like something you'd buy in a supermarket, and then I had the turkey. A huge amount of turkey which was okay but the roast potatoes had obviously been cooked earlier and reheated and they were just awful, as were the pigs in blankets which had no colour on them whatsoever. Felt awful after eating it and just went home afterwards. I know it's a busy time of year but if you can't produce your normal good standard then don't take so many bookings. On the previous occasions, one was for a table of 16 people which was booked on my recommendation and it was great.

Date of visit: December 2019