“Duck Confit Spring Rolls...need I say more?!”
Review of No.1 Bar & Grill

No.1 Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
No.1 Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 704 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Set in Aberdeen’s trendy west end, No.1 is a chic bar/grill situated on Queens Terrace. Whether you visit for a drink, coffee, light snack, lunch or dinner, our Aberdeen restaurant offers comfort and convenience to satisfy every kind of appetite. At No.1 we pride ourselves in giving our diners fine Scottish foods in a relaxed, informal atmosphere, with first class hospitality always guaranteed. Whether you are dining with friends or colleagues, having a business meeting or reunion, here at No.1 you are guaranteed professional and friendly service in relaxed surroundings.
Reviewed August 7, 2014

What a fabulous meal we had tonight at Number 1 Bar and Grill. It's in a gorgeous neighborhood and the restaurant itself is tucked into the bottom floor or a charming old building (It's a bit tough to find as you have to go downstairs for the entrance and its surrounded by lots of offices). The menu had a great variety of tempting foods and a very nice wine and drink list. We started with the duck confit spring rolls, which were to die for! The duck was cooked to perfection, so tender yet not at all greasy. Then we shared the mushroom risotto which was delicious as well. The portions were quite good sized for the price and an appetizer and entree was plenty for my husband and I to share, but if we werent full, the dessert list would have easily done the trick! The staff was very friendly and attentive. I have noticed in Scotland, service in general is a bit slower than the US, but the staff here seemed no slower than normal and they were all very busy the entire time, so we had no problem with it. I would highly recommend Number 1, and I wouldnt be surprised if we come back once more before we leave Aberdeen, it was that good!

1  Thank Rachel A

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Went here for my best friends birthday meal recently, and I must stress - the food is absolutely fantastic. I had the haggis scotch egg for starter, and the fillet steak was probably the best I've ever tasted. Cooked to perfection.

However, the evening was spoiled a bit by the service. First of all we were rushed ordering, perhaps because we were a big table. I had organised for him to get a birthday cake presented for dessert, however this was forgotten entirely. The cheque came, and 5 minutes later the waiter came round with "bad news" that he'd forgotten to add the service charge on. This was delivered very rudely and we weren't happy about the fact more money was getting added to the bill after it had been given. He wasn't apologetic, it could have been handled a lot better after all, it was his mistake.

Could have just been an off night in terms of service, I'd go again, just because of the food.

Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed a lovely lunch here with some colleagues. Menu had a good range without being pretentious. Service was excellent and the food exceeded expectations. Will be back again soon.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Had a meal at the restaurant on Mon 28/07/14.
My girlfriend and I both had 3 courses and every course was fantastic,
Can't rate the meal highly enough, service was excellent and the drinks were perfect too!

1  Thank thompson120
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Very enjoyable meal and overall experience. Nice to be able to sit in the comfortable bar area before eating, service was great, friendly without being 'too much'. The mushroom risotto was the best I've tasted, loved the big chunks of mushrooms. Certainly hope to go back but it would be nice if there were more vegetarian options; I had thought there may have been daily specials which would have included this but there didn't appear to be.