“Best posh fish & chips in town”
Review of No.1 Bar & Grill

No.1 Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
No.1 Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 704 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Set in Aberdeen’s trendy west end, No.1 is a chic bar/grill situated on Queens Terrace. Whether you visit for a drink, coffee, light snack, lunch or dinner, our Aberdeen restaurant offers comfort and convenience to satisfy every kind of appetite. At No.1 we pride ourselves in giving our diners fine Scottish foods in a relaxed, informal atmosphere, with first class hospitality always guaranteed. Whether you are dining with friends or colleagues, having a business meeting or reunion, here at No.1 you are guaranteed professional and friendly service in relaxed surroundings.
Reviewed May 14, 2013

It's been a while since I visited Number 1 & I haven't been since the new owners/management have taken over (according to other reviews) so my review is based on a 2012 visit. However, the restaurant location is good, atmosphere cool & according to my 83 year old Gran, the best 'posh fish & chips' she'd ever had! Just a few handcut chips, but a wonderful crisp fish batter & homemade tartare sauce all served on a slate tile. Nice. Will come again soon & see how it is now......

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Haven't been for a while but had Saturday lunch .New couple running the place really switched on and ambience much improved Just feels right now .In with my new girlfriend and had a chat with the owner a lawyer who reminded me of Bryan Ferry only schmoozier if thats poss. Food served promptly good value and decent priced wine list Music could be better but overall a great venue .Thinking about having my birthday party there .

Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

We absolutely love this place for its service, food, atmosphere, and overall quality of the dining experience. We have had friends from the USA visit and we have taken them here just for the great experience...always brilliant and a great dining memory every time!

1  Thank SuperTexan
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Celebrated my Mum's 60th birthday here and it was an ideal spot away from the hustle and bustle of Aberdeen. Nice food, pleasant atmosphere and great staff!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Had a lovely meal here. It was my girlfriend's birthday, so I had dropped off a little ba containing gifts, the waiter had no problem with this.

Come the meal, we were politely shown our seats and the server was extremely attentive and polite throughout. The food was well priced, however, we both opted for fillet steaks (you only live once) and £26.95 was a little on the steep side for what is given. To make up for this, the steak was perfectly cooked and tasted delicious. There was a bit of a wait between courses but this did not dampen the evening.

When my girlfriend nipped to the toilet, the waiter took it upon himself to come up to me and confirm plans for when the bag to be given. He was also savvy enough to update me of the Champion's League scores every visit as he noticed I was trying to check on my phone - a touch, which may seem unprofessional, but was appreciated and made me laugh.

Every course was very tasty, the restaurant has lovely decor and a friendly atmosphere.

Will recommend this place to others.

HelenNo1Hall, Manager at No.1 Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Good Afternoon Camy2311,

Thank you very much for your feedback on TripAdvisor on 2nd May 2013, although you had a mostly positive time dining with us at No.1 we felt that your comments needed to be re looked at and after careful consideration between the chefs and the management at No.1 we felt that we should increase the size of portion to agree with the price given to the steaks.

We look forward to welcoming you back to No.1