“Expensive Like most Aberdeen Hotels.”

Jurys Inn Aberdeen Airport
Ranked #11 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Not a lot to fault the hotel!
Decent size room, clean, friendly staff, reasonably good food!
There is a but!
Just like most other hotels during the week in Aberdeen when there are backlogs offshore and loads of people are looking for rooms the prices rocket!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Shona W, Manager at Jurys Inn Aberdeen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of The Thistle Aberdeen Airport Hotel, your comments are very much valued.

We do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

We were given the most far away room from reception as possible. We had two very large suitcases due to going on holiday and there were no lifts. We were not offered help with our bags so were forced to lug them to our room. We decided to order room service rather than take the maze walk back to find the bar. The food arrived presented very nicely however was very tasteless and disappointing. The room itself was a decent size huge bed plenty of storage ect and clean. The room got very hot during the night and in the morning which was uncomfortable when trying to get ready. The housekeeping staff we came across in the morning were very friendly and smiley one even took us down to breakfast to show us where it was. The breakfast was a good selection and the staff were very attentive
and charming. This hotel is fine for a overnight stop but I wouldn't like to stay here for any longer. It is more marketed to corporate guests as in the morning it was full of business men rather than your holiday maker.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your constructive feedback, your comments have been passed on to the team.

First I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused to you and that we did not meet your expectations regarding your room location and your room service order. I am however glad that you found the staff attentive.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

I would just like to say that this is one of the most friendliest and helpful hotels I have stayed in for some time. the staff could not do enough to help me and my companion with our stay from delightful places of interest to visit to good restaurants I would recommend it to anyone looking to holiday in this part of scotland

Room Tip: smokers ask for a room near a fire exit
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Shona W, Manager at Jurys Inn Aberdeen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2014

Dear Reviewer, Thank you for your "Excellent" five star review, following your stay with us at Thistle Aberdeen Airport Hotel. Thank you for your great comments with regards to our staff.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

Arrived in the hotel on Monday and the service was good, they were helpful and polite. The hotel its self isn't the massively modern but still has a nice sort of classic feel to it and this doesn't take away for anything.

The hotel does have reasonable facility's including a "small" gym, restaurant and bar. The hotel can also hold functions in the ball room and conference room which my company made use of for holding a small training event that included breakfast and lunch which were both of a good standard.

The menu for the restaurant is a little small and would get tiresome after more then 5 days of stay but the food is of a good standard.

The hotel its self is about a 5-10 minute walk from the airport and has paths for the whole walk. You can also get a taxi into the centre of town in about 20 minutes.

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments have been shared with our teams. We endeavour to use all our guests’ feedback to constantly improve the level of service and standards that we are able to provide to our guests.

Thank you once again for the informative review; we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

This was our first time staying at the Thistle, and i must say having been to some so called " high class" establishments all over the world, the service provide by the staff was impressive. I wouldn't be wrong in saying from the price we paid for one nights stay I was expecting it to be "cheap n cheerful" im happy to say I was WRONG while the building itself is no architectural masterpiece service from all the staff and the very tasteful interior décor more than made up for "crossroads" motel appearance on the outside.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Shona W, Manager at Jurys Inn Aberdeen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your five star review, following your stay with us at Thistle Aberdeen Airport Hotel.

Thank you for the great comment with regards to our staff, I will ensure that they are passed onto the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again.

Kind regards

Reviewed July 21, 2014

I just arrived in this hotel and unfortunately I will have to stay here 11 more nights. I would like to move to another hotel but the room was booked for me by my company and I do not have a chance to change the hotel.
Why I would never stay in this hotel?
The noise isolation in this hotel is equal to zero. Gaps in the door frames are huge. You can easily put your fingers between the room door and a floor. No isolating rubber on the door frames. Doors are banging through the nights and it wakes me up. I can here everything what is going on in a corridor and in surrounding rooms. Furniture is old, carpets badly cleaned, light bulbs in rooms are blinking and not being changed. Water pressure is so low that you can hardly take a shower. The only good things I can say about the hotel is friendly staff and good restaraunt, but it does not cover the general bad condition of rooms.
My opinion is that hotel in such a condition can not offer rooms for people and should be closed for general repair.

Room Tip: I did not see any good room in this hotel

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback, as discussed with reception the hotel contacted the travel agent to discuss your feedback and advised you may wish to transfer to another hotel. I do hope we did make your stay more comfortable for the remaining nights that you were with us.
If I can be of any further assistance please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I stayed at hotel for 2 nights in July. Rooms are very quiet and nice even if not super modern, English breakfast is ok and the bar area is fine for a drink. They also have tables outside in the courtyard but hotel is near the airport so it is a bit noisy.
They have changed a room into a gym so it is very small with only simple exercise machines.
You can walk from the airport to the hotel in 5 minutes but the city centre is 20/30 minutes by taxi and there is nothing in the airport.
Ideal for a short stay or if you are doing business nearby.
Staff is very friendly and helpful and waiters at breakfast are very nice.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Shona W, Manager at Jurys Inn Aberdeen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your reviewing our hotel. I really appreciate all the positive feedback about the hotel and the staff that you encountered during your stay.

Once again thank you very much for your feedback and I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future