“gone down since last visit”

Jurys Inn Aberdeen Airport
Ranked #11 of 64 Hotels in Aberdeen
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“gone down since last visit”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

stayed here overnight after meetings went on and on given this choice
( stayed previously and ok )
rooms a bit dated , very poor service and breakfast gave order and 20 mins later still no food so had to leave with empty stomach , very poor service indeed

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Gabor P, Front Office Manager at Jurys Inn Aberdeen Airport, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to learn that you found our hotel room dated. We have a refurbishment program in place to continuously upgrade our rooms.
I apologize for the slow breakfast service, I have forwarded your comments to our Food and Beverage Manager and Head Chef so that they can take proper action. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future, so that we can deliver the service to you that we pride ourselves with.
Kind Regards,
Gabor Petia
Reception Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Polish first
Reviewed July 1, 2014

There is a notice in the room that advises residents that alcohol will not be served in the rooms between the hours of 0300 and 1100. Either this is a reflection of a stongly held moral attitude of the Hotel's proprieters, or more likely a reflection of the typical clientele of the Hotel. As I mused on this, I was aware of the slightly sour smell of old sweat that pervaded the room. I was not getting a very positive image of whoever had occupied this room before me!
I was there to sleep. A comfortable bed, more pillows than a single person could possibly have a use for, and despite being near a busy road and an airport a relatively quiet room meant that sleep was achieved.
My morning shower gave me some insight as to the why previous occupants may have been hygenically challenged. The hotel has obivously gone for the watering down the shampoo and shower gel option to try and save money. It just cascades out of the bottles like water.
I left without breakfast, so are unable to comment on the food. I didn't even find a shortbread or a digestive in the room. Perhaps sustenance is restricted alongside the alcohol. Well you can't say that Thistle aren't doing their bit for the obesity crisis in the UK. With that in mind I opted to walk to the airport from the hotel. I think this is far quicker probably than any bus/taxi, and as the surface is good it is fine for taking wheeled luggage.
So in summary, room adequate, sleep comfortable, food unknown and location great for airport. Without a doubt I will end up staying there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Gabor P, Front Office Manager at Jurys Inn Aberdeen Airport, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I'm glad that you enjoyed a good night's sleep and am pleased to hear that you would choose to stay with us again. It is a short walk down to the Airport terminal but in case of bad weather on future visits we do also offer a complimentary shuttle bus service to and from the Airport which operates on a request basis.
I have noted your other points...

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future.
Kind Regards,

Gabor Petia
Reception Manager
Mayne Island, Canada
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We stayed at the Aberdeen Thistle Hotel for one night after arriving in Aberdeen and again for one night before we left.

Our first night there was excellent. We had a lovely spacious room at a competitive rate.

On our return, we were given a very small room at twice the rate of the first night's stay.

(The first night was a Saturday and the second was a Wednesday, hence the likely discrepancy in rates since weekdays seem to be much more expensive everywhere.)

The hotel itself is fine and the staff are efficient and helpful. But the bar food we had was dreadful and terribly over-priced.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Shona W, Manager at Jurys Inn Aberdeen Airport, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Reviewer, I was disappointed to read that you were not entirely satisfied during your stay with us at the Thistle Aberdeen Airport Hotel.

I was sorry to learn that the bar food was not to your liking. We have just launched a new specials menu which is being changed every two weeks to provide even more choice to our guests

Please accept my apologies if you found our usual high standards to be lacking on this occasion.

Thank you for your feedback, and I hope we can welcoming you back to the Thistle Aberdeen Airport Hotel again in the future

Huntly, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I booked this hotel when it was on a deal .It was great for the airport just within walking distance. I would book this hotel again when we have an early flight . Rooms are a nice size , clean and staff very helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer, Thank you for your feedback, following your stay with us at Thistle Aberdeen Airport Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you found the hotel promotion to be a good deal, and that you would use the hotel again

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Staffordshire Moors
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Great people friendly and go beyond to help, lovely decor and comfortable rooms. Free wifi with no problems, I get there late so its a bar menu, i would like some more healthier options but thats true of many places, the menu is far bwetter than most also. Clean friendly and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Shona W, Manager at Jurys Inn Aberdeen Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your five star review, following your stay with us at Thistle Aberdeen Airport,

I was delighted to hear that you found the staff to be great.

We have introduced a new specials menu in the Osprey Bar and Restaurant, which may offer you healthier options.

Thank you once again for your comments. I look forward to welcoming you back to Thistle Aberdeen Airport in the near future.

Kind regards

Keith
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Stayed here for the Beatles tribute night. I couldn't fault it. The staff were all very pleasant and couldn't do enough for you. The room was lovely. The meal at the event was excellent as was breakfast.
This is a well situated hotel with plenty of parking.
Will definitely be back

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your night at our Beatles tribute event, and that you found the meal and the event to be excellent

It was also good to read that you enjoyed your breakfast.

I am happy to see that you found our staff to be pleasant. I will ensure that your comments are passed onto the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Thistle Aberdeen Airport in the near future.

Buckie, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Had a wonderful weekend experience at this hotel and also fortunate it was a tribute Beatles night for entertainment. Location of hotel is excellent and well priced. Food is good value for money and breakfast is made to order. Even better. Surroundings were really good following recent upgrade and rooms well appointed. The best thing by far is the staff. Amongst the most attentive and pleasant we have come across. They couldn't do enough for you. Great to get this level of service and it does not go unnoticed. Definitely will gave a return visit

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Shona W, Manager at Jurys Inn Aberdeen Airport, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write your 5 star review.

Its great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff were both friendly and efficient.

Hopefully we can welcome you back to the hotel again soon for another tribute Night.

Shona Wesltand