“No. 19 Mary Elmslie Court, King St, Aberdeen”

Magellan Apartments Ltd
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Lovely building set back from the street. Good location for beach and shops. Clean, comfortable accommodation with a modern interior. Fully equipped kitchen. Lovely fresh smell from the bed linen and towels. Free on site parking. Only negative point to mention was the noisy central heating system which sounded like doors banging. This would happen during the night which disturbed our sleep more often than not. However, we would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 330Jules
There are newer reviews for Magellan Apartments Ltd

Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Lovely, clean, comfortable accommodation. Easy to find even though no reception dont let this put you off as instructions for access easy and there is a mobile number to contact with any problems. Our first time,booked through late rooms and definitely be back.went with my teenagers free wifi a plus and found loads to do. Great having an apartment rather than just a room.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Lynnbryson
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I travelled here with my two children (7 & 3) for a 5 night stay. I had booked a one-bedroom apartment with a sofa bed but we ended up in a two- bedroom (no 17) which was a bonus. The accommodation was easy to find from the information texted to me by Angela (the owner) and it was very quick to heat up once in the property (just what we needed on a chilly March night)
We arrived very late in the evening but had managed to get some provisions to keep us going. However, there was already some fresh milk in the fridge for us and we could have purchased some other bits and pieces to use until we were able to go to the large Morrisons store that is a mere 2 minute walk away.
The accommodation itself was very spacious, spotlessly clean ( I usually feel the need to wash cutlery, cups, plates, etc., when I stay in self-catering accommodation but I did not find it necessary at all here), and had absolutely everything I needed for a comfortable stay. There was a washing machine and a drying frame to use and even a small, enclosed patio area out the back where I could have dried my washing if the weather had been nicer (unfortunately, we had snow but that's Aberdeen in March for you). An iPod docking (and charging) station was an added bonus. The bathroom was lovely with plenty of fluffy towels (large in size too) and the shower was nice and powerful!
Angela was very helpful and on hand to answer any queries I may have had about the accommodation. There was a designated parking space too right outside the flat and ample guest space, if required.
I would certainly not hesitate in booking at the Magellan again in the future and price-wise it was significantly better value than any other luxury, serviced apartments I had looked at before booking (significantly!!)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LynnieAbe1975
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Fabulous in every way
Booked via Angela and it was perfect from start to finish. Smooth competent service. Every thing you could think of was provided in the apartment. The apartment was spotless and cupboards were well stocked. Clean comfortable beds. Great heating system. Every appliance in good working order. The apartment is in a central location. We could not have asked for better.
Excellent communication from Angela from booking until check out. This was our second stay. We shall definitely be back. Many thanks. Eithne.

Room Tip: Check the web site. Give Angela a ring and she will help you.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Michael D
Reviewed February 25, 2013

First class accommodation from start to finish. Excellent service, easy check-in, great parking, access, and location. Apartment was just perfect, layout, size, location, well equipped. Had a fantastic weekend in this superb 'home-from-home', would definitely stay again and would definitely recommend to others. Thank you Magellan, I loved it ... much better than a hotel-stay. x

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hazel D
Reviewed February 14, 2013

As a family of 3 we stayed in apartment 17 for one night. Apart from trying to locate the parking space, everything was perfect.

We arrived and found the parking space and entrance. The Keys were located in a lock box and we found the apartment easily once inside. The apartment was well decorated in neutral colours, laminate floor in the halls and living areas and carpet in the bedroom. We turned the heating on and the apartment warmed up pretty quickly. There is a good sized TV, some DVD's to watch and a fully functional kitchen and bathroom. There was tea/coffee/milk and biscuits provided, all washing up products, toiletries included shower gel/shampoo and handwash and there were three good sized soft towels.

We nipped to Morrisons across the road to buy some supplies for our dinner and ate at the dining table next to the kitchen (you can still see the TV from here as its all open plan). The lounge and kitchen are in an L shape with the dining table in the corner.

The bed was comfy although I got demoted to the sofa during the night and my partner and our son shared the bed - needless to say I still had a good nights sleep.

I didn't see any need to take pictures, pictures I usually take are to show the downfalls of accommodation and this didn't have any.

Well recommended.

We found the room on a late deals website for £125 for one night. I believe this to be very reasonable when compared to other accommodation available mid week in Aberdeen.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Twist944
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I booked through laterooms and was pleasantly suprised with standard of the apartment.Lovely,bright,and spotless.
Location is convenient,and no problems with parking.Internet worked most of the time.
Only issue is it get's bit stuffy,and it's difficult to open windows.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo