“Great food...s l o w service”
Review of The Spice Mill - CLOSED

The Spice Mill
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Description: The Spice Mill is an innovative Indian fusion restaurant located in the delightful surrounds of Grandholm Village. Built around the original 200 year old Grandholm Mill – one of the tallest buildings in Scotland - and the Lade waterway, the village has a yesteryear charm with cobblestoned streets and period lampposts, and The Spice Mill has a warm atmosphere. Perfect for weddings, corporate events, cosy tête-à-tête meals and business lunches the restaurant has a menu filled with stunning dishes such as the Salmon Tikka cooked in the tandoor; the Butter Green Curry – lamb tossed in butter with burnt spinach and a blend of herbs and spices; and the Chicken Korma Razala cooked in cream and yoghurt with almonds and pistachios.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've been to this place more times than I can remember and the food is always excellent. However, the service is hilariously bad. Even when it's quiet, the service is pretty slow but if it's busy......forget it. The last time i went to pick up a takeaway (which I waited 30 mins over the 45 min they told me on the phone), there were people getting up and leaving because they had waited so long and the staff were running around like headless chickens. Basil Fawlty would've been proud. My advice is to go during the week when it's quieter - you are guaranteed a great curry......eventually!

Reviewed October 19, 2012

After a cracking meal and night here fairly recently my wife and I returned a couple of weeks ago (Saturday 29th September) Unfortunately it couldn't have been more different.

It was a lot busier but they had enough staff on that should've coped.

We waited ages for our drinks order and another hour until for our Starters until we eventually gave up. In the short time we were there I saw four other tables walk out due to problems with their meal and/or the waiting time. The staff were running around like headless chickens, it was so disorganised.

So so disappointing after a good experience the first time round. We may give the Spice Mill another chance in the future in the hope that this was just a horrible off night.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I've been to the Spice Mill a few times and have also had takeaway delivered by them. Food is always good and service is always attentive.

Some interesting chef's specials on the menu for those who like to try something a little different.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have been to the Spice Mill a few times now and never had a bad experience. I went last night with my boyfriend who had never been to the restaurant (only had carryout) and he loved it, he's a big Indian cuisine fan. As usual our eyes were bigger than our belly's and we ordered 3 starters to share, 2 main courses, 2 rice and a peshwari naan (which was the best) but we couldn't finish it all. The very attentive waiters asked if we wanted to take our left overs away, we said yes to the naan and popadoms. We said we'd go down to pay where we were greeted with a bag with a fresh naan and 4 popadoms...on the house!
We'd say it is a must go as the food and service is excellent and the restaurant itself is beautifly decorated in nice surroundings.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

After reading the reviews here I was concerned about booking, but after mentioning the Spice Mill at work I found a few people had been and not one had a complaint. So I booked, and am I glad I did.

The food was excellant, the waiters attentive but not intrusive and an enjoyable evening was had by all. we've now been back for a second visit with a different couple and are going again at the end of the month with yet another couple.