“Superlative food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Boheme

Cafe Boheme
Ranked #4 of 665 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: French, European
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Tucked away down a lane in Aberdeen's city Centre, Cafe Boheme is a small, intimate restaurant, bridging the world between modern and traditional French cuisine, with a twist of individuality and passion. Originally from Provence, Dominique has been enthusing Aberdeen with his passion for tantalising food for 30 years. He has created a family run restaurant, with cosy atmosphere and has a long running relationship with his staff and customers.
Aberdeen, Scotland
“Superlative food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Dined here last night and had, quite simply, one of the best meals ever. I started with crème brulee au foie gras (lightly roast duck slices with a foie gras in brulee form) - simply wonderful. The filet steak I followed it with was perfection - cooked exactly as I like it, and so tender and tasteful. The accompanying potato mash was served in a very small copper pan - an unusual touch! My companion had lobster bisque followed by a sea bass dish, both of which she declared to be simply lovely. The waiting staff were attentive without being a nuisance, and my only 'complaint', if such it can be called, was that I had to ask for a steak knife, as one was not given with my steak. A bit on the pricey side (£100 for 2 people) but the quality and standard more or less justified it.

• Visited November 2013

• Greek first
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Some grapes on the cheeseboard and it would have been faultless”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

I had the mussels, the steak and the cheeseboard. The service and atmosphere were excellent. The only disappointment was the cheeseboard - some grapes would not have gone amiss.

• Visited November 2013
Perth, Australia
“Good food, expensive Kir Royale”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed the food and the ambiance but were gobsmacked to discover we were going to be charged 14.50 pounds for each of out Kir Royales! That's £30 for two drinks! Watch out!

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Just great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

My husband and I had a super meal here last night. We arrived very early when the restaurant was almost empty but it soon filled up. We decided to have two courses - mains and dessert. Nothing disappointed us. My choice lamb shank with red cabbage, fondant potato and beans was superb. Meat so tender. Veg all perfectly cooked. Beans wrapped in a sliver of carrot. My husband had fillet steak with asparagus and a tiny copper pan containing mashed potato - again he was very pleased with everything on his plate.
Dessert fabulous. My choice was orange and cardomom creme brulee (I can rarely resist creme brulee) with chocolate brownie. The brownie was FULL of chocolate, possibly a tad stodgy. Creme brulee wonderful served with orange jus. Husband had cafe gourmand which consisted of a cup of espresso coffee served with a tiny pot of chocolate mousse, pistachio meringue, a tiny macaroon and berry tira misu. The tira misu was OK but the rest of it great.
Service excellent. We did arrive when it was very quiet but by the time we left the place was almost full. A little disappointed we didn't hear jazz which had been promised on the website. French music played which was fine though. We'll certainly be back!

• Visited October 2013
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Good quality Food & Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Went for a business lunch at the beginning of 2013 with 12 other colleagues. The service was very good, not rushed but attentitive. Staff very friendly and helpful in aiding meal choice. Good menu without being cluttered. Beer a little pricey, but a very enjoyable meal made up for it.

• Visited January 2013