“A regular”

Grant's
Ranked #3 of 68 Restaurants in Omagh
Cuisines: Irish, British
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Omagh, United Kingdom
“A regular”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and I love this restaurant. If we are ever treating ourselves, we either frequent here or its neighbour, Vanilla. My husband loves his steak and is never disappointed. It has a wide menu and boasts very interesting surroundings. The atmosphere is also warm and full of family run friendliness.I always recommend Grants to my friends and family.

1 Thank Redjed66

St Helens, United Kingdom
“Great food, great place”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Grant's is ace. A simple but effective epithet, dontcha think?
But it is. The food is tasty, plentiful and pretty good value. The restaurant itself is fantastic. Very homely, very quirky and full of character. To steal a phrase from the excellent staff at Omagh Tourist Information, it feels like being on a ship, perhaps in the depths of Jack Sparrows' Black Pearl. But without pirates. And with nice staff (instead of pirates).
I had a steak which was perfectly cooked - impressive as I enjoy mine "blue". My girlfriend enjoyed a vegetarian spinach, vegetable and ricotta cannelloni, which she described as one of the best pasta dishes she has ever had. The tobacco onions were also excellent (why can I only get these is Northern Ireland?)
It's a happy place. Go there. You will like it.
Oh, and make sure you go to the loo. That's some corridor!

• Visited September 2012
Londonderry N Ireland
“A little gem in Omagh”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Having a couple of hours to spend between shows at the bluegrass festival in the American folk park near Omagh we decide to pop into town for a quick meal. We chose Grants as Vanilla was booked, with a private party, at the time we wanted to eat and we were not disappointed. The decor is simple and rustic but very comfortable and the service quick, friendly and efficient. We had a bit of a time constraint but were served quickly with a two course dinner that was both tasty and great value. The food was beautifully served, on nice hot plates, and remained hot throughout the meal. We will definitely make a point of visiting this restaurant again.

1 Thank Jazz1944
N.Ireland
“Great food, a restaurant for adults, not especially child friendly or suitable for functions”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I have eaten in Grants many times over the years and have rarely been left disappointed by the quality of food. The atmosphere in the restaurant is great and service is always excellent.It is not cheap though, and there are better value options in the area for food of an equal, high standard a few doors down the street.
While I would go regularly with a group of adults/ my husband, I would hesitate bringing my young family here in the evening time.
As a regular patron, I recently booked a family function. No discounts or special offers were considered despite it being a held at a not very popular day/ time over lunch. We did not hire the venue exclusively, and five other customers were in at the time were in at the time. The bill came to over £400, which was fair enough, but I was a bit annoyed to see they had included the three jugs of orange juice for the kids in the price. While not cumpulsory to offer a gesture like this, I would have thought it would have been decent, considering the lack of clientele in at the time and the amount we spent.
In short, good for a special treat, but there are many other more family friendly venues for get togethers if you have kids.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank VernonGrey
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic...5 Stars”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Made a reservation for a Monday Night for 8 people as I had some friends visiting from Malaysia. I was really very happy with Grants. Atmosphere was really good, as was service as food was spot on.

Fish was very fresh, portions large (but not oversized) and all in all seems like Omagh has a Gem on a restaurant here. Obviously a chef that cares and knows what they are doing!

Would definitely return.