Clanabogan House
$95
$93
$167
  • Restaurant
The Valley Hotel(Fivemiletown)(Great Value!)
$105
$136
TripAdvisor
Greenvale Hotel(Cookstown)
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 18, 2012

we stayed for one night at this wonderful country house with its unique character.
It is quirky, creaky & old fashioned as already mentioned but we loved it because of that.

we will certainly be booking again.

Room Tip: if you can go on the woodland walk just to see the deer
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Divemaster6961
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We came across this wonderful country house by chance on the internet, so very glad we found it. We stayed here for two nights and found the house to be even more than the website could show.... A wonderful roaring fire and heat that greets you within the stately hallway on arrival, the sweeping staircase, old artefacts and decor of yester-year throughout, the charm and elegance that only this period and style of house can truely carry off to well...... the breakfasts were magnificent, so much to eat.... and tables laid out with beautiful damask table cloths, white and a blue on top.... all to match the shades of blue within the dining room.... the hosts Mary and Robert were so hospitable.... at able to recomend places to eat etc.....the oodland walks within the grounds are just so wonderful, at this time of year it is a mass of Bluebells.... a lovely summer seat to sit and relax in and superbly laid out gardens, birds singing eerywhere you walked..... simply a hidden gem only 5 minutes drive from the Omagh town and the Ulster American Folk Park.... will definately be back!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gemini_lou20
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I almost didn't stay here because I thought I would just head on to the next location of our trip, but thank goodness I booked a room! The house is magnificent & the grounds are as well. We loved the forest walk! The hosts are very kind & told us all about the house's history. I did not smell any moldy smells as a previous poster has stated. I found the room *very* clean & beautiful. The breakfast was delicous! My only suggestion is to provide an alarm clock in the room, only because I would hate to be late for the breakfast! I would absolutely stay here again & hope to do so one day.

Room Tip: Ask for the master bedroom!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Ben A
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Beautiful building = which would cost thousand and thousands to bring up to the "Next / Marks & Spencers / off white walls" look...& would then lose it's unique character. It is quirky, creaky & old fashioned; but spotlessy clean, comfortable, warm & a great location for exploring the area. The owners are very friendly & helpful. Breakfast was fabulous. The room was very comfortable.. and as I said old fashioned & quirky... original old claw footed stand alone bath with old taps & drainage...I would have loved to explore the whole building was like stepping back into a different age... I loved this place & thoroughly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank singleparentfamily
Reviewed December 28, 2011

My husband and I spent a few days at Clanabogan House and felt so at home!! Food was amazing, hospitality wonderful, a really relaxing environment to have a break in. We will definately be back. Loved the character of the house and the gardens. Lots to see and do around Omagh. Mary and Robert and all the family made us feel part of the family.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple