“Great food, friendly staff but slow service”

The Sperrin Restaurant & Steak House
Ranked #2 of 68 Restaurants in Omagh
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

A group of 15 of us ate here on Saturday night. I couldn't fault the food which was lovely but it took more than 40 minutes after ordering til the food began to arrive than 10 minutes before everyone received their main course or side dish. The same again at dessert, I only wanted a tea but had to ask 3 times and waited 10 minutes for the milk to go with it.
Overall the staff were very friendly, good was lovely with loads of sides but it was let down by the fact that some of the food was getting colder by the time the sides arrived and everyone was served.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Had a lovely meal here today on our way back from the Ulster American Folk Park. Really good service and we were offered extra vegetables. Worth a visit, it's really close to the folk park.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

The table service was poor. There didn't appear to be any Manager on duty as everything was so disorganised..There was three different people seving our table.When the child's dinner was being served it all slid onto the table,and it was very evident that hand hygiene was below standard.A member of our table of five was asked to clean the child's food back onto the plate,no please or thank you.Choice of deserts available poor,I was then told by the waitress that my desert slid off the plate,and it was presented to me like mush. I was so glad when it was time to leave,and will not be back.

5  Thank mmm8070
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Called in yesterday with my partner, 10 month old daughter and my mum, excellent service very friendly, great menu and food was excellent, ordered soup and potatoes for my daughter , came out at the perfect temperature, and as soon as she finished the last spoonful our mains came out. Would definitely vist again.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Service was slow but friendly, although having to wait 15 minutes for someone to locate a couple of wine glasses for us is pretty poor.

If I order a steak rare then that is how I expect it. Not medium to well done. Seriously if you are going to call yourself a steak house then at least cook them properly.

20 quid for a piece of meat not done to your request - that's just not right