“poor service and very unpleasant staff on Saturday” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Sperrin Restaurant & Steak House

The Sperrin Restaurant & Steak House
Ranked #7 of 67 Restaurants in Omagh
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“poor service and very unpleasant staff on Saturday”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

The table service was poor. There didn't appear to be any Manager on duty as everything was so disorganised..There was three different people seving our table.When the child's dinner was being served it all slid onto the table,and it was very evident that hand hygiene was below standard.A member of our table of five was asked to clean the child's food back onto the plate,no please or thank you.Choice of deserts available poor,I was then told by the waitress that my desert slid off the plate,and it was presented to me like mush. I was so glad when it was time to leave,and will not be back.

• Visited June 2014
4 Thank mmm8070

“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Called in yesterday with my partner, 10 month old daughter and my mum, excellent service very friendly, great menu and food was excellent, ordered soup and potatoes for my daughter , came out at the perfect temperature, and as soon as she finished the last spoonful our mains came out. Would definitely vist again.

• Visited May 2014
Birmingham England
“A steak house that overcooks steak?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

Service was slow but friendly, although having to wait 15 minutes for someone to locate a couple of wine glasses for us is pretty poor.

If I order a steak rare then that is how I expect it. Not medium to well done. Seriously if you are going to call yourself a steak house then at least cook them properly.

20 quid for a piece of meat not done to your request - that's just not right

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Scudamore
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Cooking of a steak”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

Had an excellent family night out with fantastic bar staff helping to make the evening good fun. Starter was very good but I was frustrated to order a steak to my taste (medium) as did the rest of the family and for them all to come pretty much cooked the same - well done - overdone. For the price that was being charged, I was disappointed.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Adrian S
Omagh, United Kingdom
“Good Food such a pity about the service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

On Tuesday evening myself and my partner decided to grab a quick bite to eat after work. We didn't go home to get changed so maybe we weren't dressed appropriately enough although its not exactly the Ritz on entering the premises we were greeted by a less than friendly tall girl with black hair. while browsing the menu we could hear the constant text message beep on her phone then it rang then she proceeded to have a conversation. When taking our order she seemed bored. When we finally got our diner it was of very high standard and most enjoyable however we did have to wait a bit. My partner his mother and 2 children were the only ones in it the sunday previous until 2 coach loads arrived and they were completely forgotten about and waited 50 mins for their starter and by the time they were ready to leave the 2 coach loads have already finished and left. On paying the member of staff was just as disinterested looking.

Bottom line is staff can destroy a business and while the food is excellent we wouldn't be in a hurry back.

• Visited October 2013