“Kamalmahalalicious”

Kamal Mahal
Ranked #34 of 68 Restaurants in Omagh
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Can't believe this restaurant is not available to review on TA. Been eating Indian food around the world for 20 years and this is a gem of a restaurant close to home. Guess it's Omagh's best kept secret. Amazing food & extensive menu (the chicken saag is superb), but best off all it's very affordable, especially carry out. Eat in you can BYO wine but there's no need with all that tasty Cobra beer!
Johnston Atoll
“Kamalmahalalicious”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

The staff were friendly, the service was prompt, we were asked if everything was ok during our meal and it really was. The food was superb, I had the Meeraskhi Prawns, perfectly spiced (I asked for it hot) and got a fair quantity of prawns in the sauce. A generous portion of pilau rice too and perfectly cooked. I also had a Poppadom but would have preferred this to served fresh hot out of the oil rather than cold as it was served but it's no big deal. My mates had a balti that was awesome and a Korma that was also excellent.

I see others whinging about the price but I selected dishes to match my budget and on a night out to a restaurant I don't mind spending a little extra to enjoy my meal. On the whole the prices are reasonable for the quality of the food. If I wanted to save money I wouldn't be eating out in the first instance!?

I would definitely return to this restaurant.

Thanks for a great meal.

• Visited December 2013

“Lovely curry but overpriced”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Went here last night with my bf for a meal. Food was lovely( but nothing overly exciting, unique or different) and they were able to change it to suit me. However for 2curries, 2 rice, 1 portion of chips 1 nann and 2cobras it was £40 which I felt was a bit excessive. The staff were pleasant also but seemed a little inexperienced.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Joc31reviews
“So so”
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Nothing to write home about, tasty enough food but not a lot on the plate for the price u are paying, staff were poor enough at service, wudnt say go go go here but wudnt discard anybody from going here

• Visited November 2013
Cookstown, United Kingdom
“Good food...but over priced and poor decor”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

OK...firstly I must say that I am a fan of the food....value for money etc etc to one side....
However....don't stray from the main Indian food menu. I was there on a Sunday evening for dinner with my wife and 15 month old child.
I had the chicken biryani and my wife had chicken buna. The biryani was delicious...but advertised within side salad...which was just a green tomato lettuce and cucumber. Normally wouldn't bother me, but when one thing goes wrong one tends to focus on any other minor issues. When my wife's buna arrived it too was mouth watering, but rice was extra. I would have thought that at over £10 per portion it might have been included....what does a couple of ladles of rice cost? Again....I was being a bit picky.
I ordered chicken nuggets and chips from the unbelievably restricted choice but childrens menu. When they arrived I could tell straight away that the chips were re heated in oil. They had that oily disgusting taste on them. The chicken nuggets were the kind of thing I would expect to see being sold in a greesy spoon café....not a highly successful indian restaurant. I opened one of them and could not recognise anything that I have ever seen on a chicken. They also tasted like they looked...nondescript! These were the thing that you could get in bargin basement shop at about £2 for a 50 kilo bag!!! And I ain't joking! My wee boy likes his food and was hungry but refused any of his dinner. Enough said about the food.
The view I had from my side of the table was an empty buffet stand. The aircon was blasting heat even though it was warm (16 degrees IS warm in Omagh!) The childs seat was clean...but in someway sticky. All in for the meal as above including a naan bread and 1 glass of squash was £27...a bit much for 2 meals and some rubbish.
Might be back for a take away but would not recommend this place to others with a child...unless they of course up their game.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank DaveP0wer
Omagh, United Kingdom
“Healthy option, great for Slimming World members!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

As I am a slimming world member I just love being able to indulge in a tasty syn free Indian ( quite a few dishes available). It totally satisfies my spicy cravings without affecting my healthy diet. Occasionally my partner and I indulge in a sit in meal and enjoy our favourite dishes which are full of flavour and generally tastier than quite a few other restaurants and take aways we have sampled locally as well as in England. Efficient staff, attentive without being over the top !

Visited July 2013