“Great night out”

Ranked #8 of 68 Restaurants in Omagh
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 19, 2013

A party of us called here for a planned evening out and the experience was great as always. Beautiful home cooked Italian food cooked with the true passion that only the Italians can muster!!! Keep it up.

1  Thank Greg M
There are newer reviews for La Gondola

Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Good fresh food but unadventerous for veggies as very small menu. You have to walk in through main restautant for take out which is ackward when ur going for take out and off putting when ur eating a meal. Also off putting was the owners sharp attitude towards his staff who I found offered a more pleasant service than he himself did. I went to order take out and he snapped that I would have to wait as they were busy. Thankfully a waitress was over quickly to ensure my business didnt just walk out the door. If he cant handle the pressure of take-out on top of his small restaurant he shouldnt do it.

5  Thank Mae S
Luigi M, Owner at La Gondola, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2015

What has happened to you are you okay, i have not seen any more of you for the restaurant you like and none for the restaurant you hate. Is there anything I can do to help you, as i find some photos that relate you to this restaurant you like and more..............

Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

I love this place! Been twice and both times were brilliant. Food is delicious and authentic! Luigi the owner is such a character, very friendly, comes down to talk to all his customers, brought us samples of new dishes to try, and made it a great night. The pasta tastes fresh and the menu is general is great value for Money. You can bring your own wine too but Luigi sold us a nice bottle for cheap as we were in for a special occasion. Highly recommend this restaurant :)

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Food was horrible over priced not a very good choice either. Not a good Italian restaurant. The chef was super irritating and the place looked dirty

2  Thank Emma M
Luigi M, Owner at La Gondola, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2015

Emma, firstly sorry for the long reply but I am tried of negatively!
Without a doubt my food is not over priced. In fact let me tell you the prices have not changed in over 10 years!!! u say the place is dirty, at this time my restaurant was not refurbished. You tell me my restaurant is not good? I am a 5 star restaurant surely I can't get much better?? Finally you tell me I am irritating, by this I do not understand... who push you to say this negative review??????

Reviewed April 1, 2013

The manager is from Venice and produces a range of authentic Italian dishes. The anti-pasta is varied with a range of cold meats, mussels, prawns, salmon and vegetarian dishes. The pasta is freshly made and my teenagers prefer it to that which they tasted in Tuscany. Though there is a good A la Carte menu I prefer to let the chef surprise me. That way you get to sample lots of different dishes. The owner is very friendly and likes to burst into song, he even keeps a mandolin in his basement. If you can speak Italian, Spanish or French the owner will help you get some practice before your next holiday. I thoroughly recommend the Gondola for those seeking an authentic taste and feel of Italy. Prices are very reasonable and you bring your own wine.