“great ambience and food”
Review of The Exchange

The Exchange
Ranked #11 of 194 Restaurants in Derry
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Exchange Restaurant and Wine Bar is a family friendly, informal restaurant located centrally near the Peace Bridge in the busy town centre. Established 10 years ago, we have become a well known attraction on the riverside. We serve a comprehensive range of good food, including vegetarian options, and quality wine. All of our food is locally sourced and freshly produced on the premises by professional chefs. The establishment has been awarded a Five Star hygiene rating.
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Went here with friends at 5.45pm on Friday evening and it was already very busy. Unfortunately, you cannot reserve a table. Choice of menus. Early evening menu excellent and very reasonable. Food and service excellent. Nice ambience, modern surroundings. Staff very helpful and friendly. Sirloin steak from main menu excellent. Mushrooms in cream sauce delicious. Duck and cod mains delicious. Four large white wines, a liquer coffee and two cokes. Total bill £63. Excellent value. It would be a 5 if you could reserve a table as you can turn up at 8.00pm and eventually have to go home, or find somewhere else.

Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

We went here as a family early on a Saturday evening and were very impressed. The waiting and bar staff were friendly and efficient and knew their stuff. I had surf and turf main and the fillet steak and monkfish / prawn combo with garlic and herb sauce was exquisite.
My wife had ribeye steak and ribs meal and again the quality was excellent. Kids meals first class too.
We'll definitely be back soon

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We went with friends who were home from london and I was a bit nervous because I had told them how good the place was. I need not have worried. The staff were efficent and friendly as per usual. We all ordered something different from the menu and all the meals were superb. I tried the salmon dish for the first time and it was great.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Great food and service consistently!!! Had lunch and dinner there many times and recommend it highly. I look forward to returning every time.

1  Thank 21shaunap21
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Good value for food, was really nice but my peppered rump steak came out over cooked even though asked for it rare. Apart from this I would recommend this place as an ideal spot to eat out. even though the steak was over cooked it was still nice enough not to complain about it. also one of the few places in derry that sells Coors light on tap.