“Great weekend at Da Vinci's Hotel”

Da Vinci's Hotel Derry
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Derry
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had a great bank holiday weekend at Da Vinci's. The hotel was fully booked all weekend, had a slight wait to check in , but was not a problem. , we watched the St Patrick's Day parade in the city. There is a great atmosphere in the hotel and all the bars in the hotel were packed. Our Room was lovely, on the 4th floor , overlooking the River Foyle. Reception rang us taxis ( very quick to arrive) when heading out although town is only a short walk.There was music on in one of the bars and a night club in another. We only had breakfast in the hotel which was lovely although not the warmest. I would definitely stay here again.Its a lovely hotel and the staff are very friendly and helpful. Couldn't fault it for a Weekend Break.

• Stayed: March 2013
DaVincisHotel, Sales & Marketing Manager at Da Vinci's Hotel Derry, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Dear ‘Juliecraig’,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable St Patrick’s Weekend. The hotel was really buzzing over that bank holiday weekend and a lot of guests commented on how much they enjoyed the complimentary entertainment on offer in our bars and nightclub. Thank you for you kind comments in relation to our staff and I will be sure to pass these on to the team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed in this lovely hotel on a recent visit to Legenderry. Super check in with friendly, informative staff. Free wifi which was great allowing us to find out what was going on in the City celebrating the City of Culture accolade. Room was fantastic! Family room which allowed my daughter and I the luxury of a double bed each. The only missing thing was a fridge but that's just a minor point. Great breakfast at only £8, very good value indeed. Taxi's are quick to call, very cheap and the drivers are fantastic for local information and have a great sense of fun, brilliant ambassadors for the City.

Room Tip: Family room was same price as double but comes with two double beds
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear ‘Bonyabelfast’,
I am glad you had an enjoyable experience at Da Vinci’s Hotel and thank you for taking the time to share your experience on this forum. You picked a great time to visit the city as there is so much going on because of the City of Culture accolade. Thank you for your kind remarks in relation to our bedrooms, we are fortunate to have the largest bedrooms in Derry and the fact that our standard rooms have 2 double beds is a real hit with a lot of guests. We look forward to welcoming you and your daughter back again soon.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed for the weekend with friends at Valentines weekend. We all had a lovely time. Food excellent and entertainment suited all ages. Staff very helpful and rooms spotless. The hotel was full but didnt feel overcrowded. Taxi driver recommended the entertainment. Would return again and recommend to my friends.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear ‘BelfastClarkey’,
Thank you for your lovely feedback, it is always nice to hear from satisfied customers. We are fortunate at Da Vinci's Hotel to have on site complimentary entertainment every Friday and Saturday night and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed this aspect of the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to Da Vinci’s Hotel soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

booked da vinics for a relaxing break with family , hotel staff were friendly on arriving we stayed sunday monday & tuesday sunday was good on monday workmen arrived on our floor 4th floor drilling and hammering we took ourselvsed out to get away from the noise.on tuesday same thing we complain to the receiption staff who said can I get back to you after I have spoken with the manager. receiption call back we can have free tea or coffee in the bar!! sorry but that just does not cut it we were not inform of work being carried out on arriving and NO SIGNS TO EXPLAIN TO CUSTOMERS. SPOILED WHAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN A RELAXING BREAK.DA VINCIS POOR MANAGEMENT

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear ‘MARTING’
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We appreciate all feedback from our guests and I am sorry to hear that our recent renovations have hampered your experience. During any scheduled works we do endeavour to limit the disturbance to our guest ensuring work is carried out between the hours of 11am – 4pm and I can only apologies if these works impacted on your stay. There was an error on our behalf that we did not inform you during check in that these works were being carried out during your stay, please accept my apologies for this error. I hope you will stay with us again to give us the opportunity to improve on your previous experience. If you wish to discuss your stay further please do not hesitate to contact me on 028 7127 9111 or our General Manager on the same number.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Entrance isn't exactly obvious and I drove straight past it without realising. Arrived with a colleague and our reservations were all in order - we were able to park quite near the door. Very efficient receptionist checked me in, ordered my Irish Times and gave me the free wi-fi passwords for both my devices without having to ask for them.

My room on the 4th floor was fine and spacious (2 X double beds) but I was slightly worried as I'm always conscious that the Fire Brigade ladders wouldn't reach that high! TV was a bit primitive and reception wasn't great but was adequate. Wi-fi was fast and worked first time. The desk was a pretty good work-space with lots of room and electrical sockets.

The bed was firm and really comfortable but the room was far too warm. I turned off the radiator (no wall-mounted thermostat) and opened the windows but the limiters meant that there was very little ventilation to cool the room. No water in the room (but there were two half-bottles of wine for sale in the room). I went back down to the bar and they provided a large carafe of iced water.

The shower was great and although the bathroom was a bit dated it was perfectly functional. I really dislike shower curtains but they are ubiquitous. Much prefer fixed panels.

Restaurant was pretty good and not overly expensive. The staff were particularly friendly and efficient - no complaints at all about the meal or the wine. Breakfast was good and our server brought me a tomato juice on request. Piped music was too loud and staff turned it down on request.

Checkout was efficient although my credit card number had to be keyed manually? All in all it was fine for a business overnight but nothing to write home about.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear ‘ParaDara’
Thank you for your very comprehensive review of your stay. I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay and that our staff and facilities pleased you. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

just back from a weekend at the da vinci hotel Derry had a great time staff were first class food great and the room very comfortable. Lovely city well worth a visit hope to return again. Had evening meal in hotel beautiful.Thanks again to all especially to Shannen on reception.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear ‘jg58’
Thank you for your lovely feedback and I will be sure to pass on your kind compliments to Shannon and the rest of the staff. There are lots of events taking place in Derry this year so plenty of reasons to come and visit us again soon.
With Kindest Regards,

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed for one night breakfast, evening meal and cocktail included in package which was excellent value. My boyfriend and I had a fantastic meal in the hotel and we found the staff so lovely (particulary Patsy and Megan in the bar) that we didnt feel the need to head out into city centre for friday night drinks. Excellent cocktails, then followed by a great breakfast next morning. We will definetly return as the hotel offers some great weekend packages at great value.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank bcass79

Dear ‘bcass79’

It is nice to hear from you and I am pleased that you had such an enjoyable experience at our hotel. The cocktail package you stayed on is extremely popular and as you have mentioned we do have ‘everything under one roof’ so many guests don’t leave the complex. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the staff. Keep an eye on our website, facebook page and twitter account for new up and coming special offers. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.