“SUPERB SUPPER”

Ranked #7 of 191 Restaurants in Derry
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Browns group newest addition to the restaurant scene sees Ian orr opening up in the heart of the Ciy of Culture 2013.Browns in town offers contemporary fine dine food in comfortable & fashionable surroundings.Well worth a visit!
Reviewed May 28, 2013

After booking a weekend in Londonderry, I just happened to read Joris Minne's restaurant review in the Belfast Telegraph weekend magazine and there was Browns in Town being reviewed. It was so highly recommended that as soon as I finished reading the review I phoned to make a booking. As it was the Radio One Big Weekend, I was told that I was lucky to have phoned a few weeks early as they were already busy that weekend. We booked a table for 7pm.
As we were staying close by, we had walked into town a few times and actually walked right passed the restaurant because it is very subtle and refined in its colours and did not have any signs on the pavement. Once inside however, what a transformation. Simple wood, white paint and simple lines greeted us and we were shown to our table which was beautifully set with plain white, sparkling glasses and cutlery. The staff were very friendly from the beginning and we had one waitress who served the food and one who cleared away. We were also very kindly allowed to choose from the set menu which stated it was from 5pm to 7pm! Menus perused, choices made and we settled back to enjoy the ambience. A plate of homemade bread and locally produced butter was brought to us as was our wine of choice. Both were beautiful! The starters were delicious and flavoursome if a little on the cool side. The mains were well presented and cooked very well. They came with a side of potato but no veg! Portions were just right - enough to enjoy but not too much to feel overly full. Dessert was the least favourite part of the meal however, too sweet chocolate nemesis and a lemon posset with fennel jelly which was just a little too runny.
Overall, we would rate this as a super find in an otherwise quiet part of the city! We will return on our next visit!

There are newer reviews for Browns in Town

Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

My partener and i traveled to browns in town for the first time on saturday night after eating in the bonds hill browns we were dying to try the new place! we booked a week in advance which was just as well as our waitress told us they were booked up from the wednesday morning. we ordered from the A la carte menu which we thought was very reasonailbly priced, I had the scallops they where very tasty and full of flavour, I highly recommend them! The whole meal was faultless and the service top class! The signer was great and a nice surprise, We had a wonderful evening, Well done Browns in town!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

After seeing, then translating, the previous review which gave this restaurant 1 out of 5 I felt I had to post my own review.

Several business colleagues and I were in Brown's in Town the week before last, and everything, from the welcome, to the service, to decor, were flawless. The food was excellent and the wine list superb.

Be warned, however. This is fine dining. If you want to leave a restaurant feeling stuffed, having been taken for a ride by 33% off offers, there's plenty of those kind of places nearby. Though, instead of Flaming Jack's, I'd recommend Hillbilly Chicken. At least the food there isn't microwaved.

We all thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Brown's in Town, and when next in Derry I will be back. Well done to Ian and the team.

1  Thank LouisJoseph
Reviewed May 13, 2013

staff more than welcoming, food surperb!!! value for money brilliant 2can dine for £20 3course meal highly recommend this restaurant for any occasion just go there and find out for yourself just cant praise it enough

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

After eating at Browns Waterside a few weeks ago and had an amazing experience we couldn't wait to try Browns in Town. We opted to go on Sunday and try the three courses for £20. Seated immediately & very courteous service throughout. The food was absolutely amazing. Nothing less. Presentation, flavour & quality oozes from every dish! Id of happily paid £20 for the main course alone. Exceptional value. This place is a must try - you wont be disappointed. Cant wait to go back. Well done.