“Good food, good prices.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Ice Wharf

The Ice Wharf
Ranked #101 of 186 Restaurants in Derry
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
County Londonderry, United Kingdom
“Good food, good prices.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

Visited early afternoon on Monday this week. Our first time at the Ice Wharf. Roast of the day which I usually order when I'm at a Wetherspoon outlet, was very good, with a more than ample portion of roast beef. I'm never disappointed with the roast of the day, be it chicken, turkey and ham or roast beef. My partner had his usual brunch burger. No complaints. Prices are fantastic, and service is always good no matter which outlet we're at. I think we've tried quite a lot on their menu over the years, but it's very good value and you never leave feeling as if you could eat more. Not our favourite outlet so far. That belongs to the Spinning Mill in Ballymena.

• Visited January 2014

Sitges, Spain
“Characterless bar restaurant, horrible food.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Another review I've read on this place, after my visit, described it as a "smelly overcrowded cattle market". I couldn't think of a better way to describe it myself so have adopted this description. I honestly couldn't fine anything positive to bring out about this place. It is in my opinion a great example of a place not to go to. Completely characterless, staff may as well have been robots, not unpleasant but equally unmemorable. Sadly the same couldn't be said for the food, which was memorable in just how bad it was. Very typical (from frozen - or so it seemed) food from a chain type establishment. I went for the roast of the day, assuming that might at least be fresh. I was there on 27.12.13 and could only assume the food I was served was leftovers from before Christmas. Truly awful!

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Gerry M
belfast
“good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

stayed in the travel lodge next door,so we had our breakfast and evening dinner there , ordered a manager's special which was 14onz aberdeen angus steak with all the trimmings ,,,,,,,great dinner ,,,,,it's a good place to eat very friendly people .

(Legend)Derry
“Smelly overcrowded cattle market..”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

Go here for cheap beer but on busy nights be prepared to be crushed in and have drink spilt on you. If you want to have a more relaxerd evening out go across the road to the Strand Bar where you'll get a seat in nice surroundings.

2 Thank JohnB_Legend_Derry
Belleek, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“Yes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Good pints! say more, say more, say more, say more, say more, say more, say more, blahh blahh blahh you know the craic
Why 50 you nutter?