“great coffee, cake and conversation...”
Review of Molly's - CLOSED

Molly's
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: This is a local family owned business which takes pride in producing all the food we sell inhouse. We endeavour to facilitate the needs of all our customers. We are always mindful to make sure that our customers leave happy.Our cakes and pies speak for themselves and can only be sampled to appreciate their home baked quality.We provide a happy environment where we sell the best coffee, tea's and hot chocolate you could possibly wish for.
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I stopped into Molly's, during a recent visit to Derry, to get out of the rain for a bit, and was welcomed with such hospitality - I was almost disappointed when the sun came out and it was time for me to leave.
The coffee was superb and the ginger cake with toffee was excellent - but what truly made the visit such a delight was the wonderful reception I received and the interesting conversation. It was more like visiting a friends for a cup and a chat, I even left with book recommendations and borrowed poems..
I will be sure to be back soon...

gmoyne, Owner at Molly's, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

We might not respond quickly to the review you write, but be assured I read every single one and delight in the fact that you have taken the time to say something about our business. But we are more than a business we are a a place to meet. I hope you enjoy the poems as much as I loved the poet. She recently passed away. I had the great joy of reciting one of her poems at her funeral service.

I look forward to seeing you back again !

Gerard

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Visiting Derry on a sunny but icy winter's day, and wanting to see the Craft Village, we were enticed into Molly's by the charming owner, who I see is called Gerard - I meant to ask him but we needed to leave rather hurriedly for our train home.
This time we just had cappuccinos, to warm us up, but have already decided that next time we're in Derry, we will definitely visit Molly's again, probably for lunch. Or afternoon tea. And definitely more craic!

1  Thank Patsy T
gmoyne, Owner at Molly's, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Hello and good evening from us all at Molly's,

Yes, you got the name right, it was very nice of you to take the time to write us a review. I trust we will see you up in the North West again soon. There is much to see and do and the lunch is as good as the Coffee !

Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

We popped in to Mollys one day during a shopping trip recommended by a friend. Great coffee and the food was to die for. We dont normally eat lunch and dessert but the array of sweets treats allured us. I had a carmel square which was devine while my sister had a apple crumble also devine. Def my new favorite while visiting derry.. staff were also great and very attentive.

Dear Jagateja,

Thank you for leaving us a review on Trip Advisor it was very like of you to take the time. I do hope you get the opportunity to drop into us again soon. Please do feel free to offer us any suggestions you might have for menu items or anything else that comes to mind. We always welcome customer feed back. This keeps us from being complacent.

Thank you so much again !

Reviewed December 19, 2013

I was in Derry about a month for work placement of Da Vinci Project. Every day we had a breakfast at Molly's of Derry. The owner is very nice and smart. He always got something interesting to say. Coffee was great. The food was also very tasty. I really enjoyed this time.

1  Thank Thamaell

Dear Lukasz,

Great to hear from you and very kind of you to leave us a review. We miss having you all join us for breakfast in the morning. I guess you will miss having the packed lunch every day. I do hope you will come back again to Derry.

Look forward to seeing you !

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Vegetarians can come here for their delicious vegetarian lagsane and vegetable soup. Nice cozy eating place. Don't miss their dessert. Love the carrot cake!

1  Thank kongm156

Dear Kong M,

Thank you so very much for leaving us a review and also sharing with me some information about your Country. It's much smaller than I actually thought.

I do hope you will get the opportunity to visit Derry again..