“Staff were fantastic.”

Premier Inn Derry / Londonderry Hotel
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Derry
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We arrived at the hotel about 9am on Saturday morning, fully aware that booking in was not until the afternoon.
I spoke with Fidelma at reception who organised check in for me earlier, all free of charge.
Fidelma was extremely pleasant taking interest in our travels and helping us with any enquiries.
We had a buffet breakfast which was very nice and for all you can eat for £8 it was a bargain.
A taxi journey of about 5 miles was £5 from the hotel
Our second night was disrupted due to residents in different rooms were trying to have a party and making a lot of noise. The hotel staff dealt with this and asked them to leave at about 4am. Although this was frustrating, this was no fault of the hotels.
The hotel itself was spacious and clean, having stayed in several premier inns this one was the nicest with the friendliest staff, I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013
Tammy S, Manager at Premier Inn Derry / Londonderry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our Premier Inn Derry / Londonderry.
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, and such great comments for the team, I will certainly pass on your kind words to Fidelma.
I do apologise about the noise you experienced during the night, however I am happy to hear our night team resolved this.
I'll look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

The hotle was clean the staff friendly. We stayed for 2 nights and the only problem we haf was a faulty tv remote and tv which was resolved. We had a good breakfast with branded cereals and a harty all you could eat buffet cooked breakfast all for £8 each with costa coffee was good value. I would say to anyone to stay at Premier inn.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Tammy S, Manager at Premier Inn Derry / Londonderry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our Premier Inn Derry / Londonderry.
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and also our breakfast. There's nothing better than a good breakfast to start the day!
I'll look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Awww what can I say! :) The staff at this hotel, bar and cleaners were absolute amazing! I should have reviewed sooner to be fair! They couldn't do enough for us, the hotel it's self is a pretty new building, the beds were mega comfy it's an average premier inn really, but the staff just make extra special especially the cleaner Kelly she went that extra mile fetching tea bags etc I stayed here in April it was very windy as the hotel is placed on open land, but that's my only moan and I'm well aware the staff don't control the weather lol

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our Premier Inn Derry / Londonderry.
I'm very pleased you found our team so helpful, and they went out of their way to make your stay superb. We will all look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights just recently. It is a very new hotel and was spotless! The staff, particularly Fidelma at reception, were all very friendly and helpful. The room was very good value as we got the promotional offer of £29 for each night. This was a bargain! The room was spacious and very comfortable with a lovely big bed and choice of pillows. The breakfast was £8.25 which was reasonable. it was an enormous breakfast and very tasty. We stayed on a Sunday and Monday so it was very quiet and restful....although I can imagine that it would be nice and quiet at all times because of the location. We didn't have a car but to get into Derry itself cost £4.50 for a taxi (booked at reception) or a walk to the retail park where you can get a bus from the first stop on the left in Rossdowney Road which was £1.50 each. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a good night's sleep (ideal if you have a car) only 10 minutes drive from city centre. We loved it and we will definitlely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our Premier Inn Derry / Londonderry.
What a fantastic review, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and I will certainly pass on your praise to Fidelma. I hope you welcome you back soon.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Lovely hotel in a quiet location. very helpful staff. restaurant food is delicious and not over priced. Buffet breakfast is great for choice. Access to rooms is good for all people. 5 minute drive from hotel to city centre, staff assist with taxi if needed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review our Premier Inn Derry / Londonderry.
I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and I will look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I booked this hotel because we had tickets for the Walled City Tattoo. The hotel is in a quiet location and it is very close to the city. The hotel receptionist was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean and decorated well. The only down side was we ate a meal from the buffet on the Saturday night and the food though reasonably priced and a good selection was not very warm. However, the breakfast the next morning was good. It is very good value for money and I would happily stay there again

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lesley K, Manager at Premier Inn Derry / Londonderry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our restaurant did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed in a premier inn for the first time back in September. So glad it was this one. Very modern in a quiet location 5 minutes from city centre. Staff were wonderful. Even did our washing for us as we had been on the road for days on end. Have since stayed in several premier inns in various locations, none of which I could fault. This particular one, however, would be my favourite.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Many thanks for your lovely review. We were delighted to read your comments, its fantastic to hear that we contributed towards making your stay at Derry/Londonderry so memorable. We hope to see you again very soon. Thank you once again for taking the time to leave such a lovely review.