Cathedral View
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$217
$182
Waterfoot Hotel(Derry)(Great Value!)
$115
$103
$176
$163
Da Vinci's Hotel Derry(Derry)(Great Value!)
$145
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
City Hotel(Derry)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsb blast minute bookingcity centrecomfortable staycomfy bedbreakfast was deliciousnoiseaccommodationtaxi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I can only speak good things about this B & B. Gerry and Lorraine (the owners) are really nice and helpful. Lorraine is an excellent cook, she prepare delicious breakfasts. It is a typical Irish house of three floors. All areas of the house are very new: bedroom, bathrooms, dining room... I would say that everything is newly renovated. There is a TV in the Bedroom and dining room, there is free internet too. Everything is perfectly clean. I was in the familar room, It is very big and included a lavatory. I hadn't any problem with noises and the bed was very confortable.

The situation is really good, I only had to walk ten minutes to the city center. By the way you can take advantage and go through Roseville street where you will find the famous murals from Bogside artists.

I am a great traveler and this is one of the best B & B I've ever been. It has a great value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Nati E
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Great little b&b, excellent value for money and great service! Staff were very friendly and helpful and shows the best of northern irish people! Closely located to local amenities and plenty of tourist attractionz close by

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

We didn't manage to book a double room with ensuite bathroom; shared toilet n bathroom was clean enough but no toiletries were provided. Neither was there a bath mat for the shower. Room we were given was of good size but sparsely furnished. There's a sink in the room which was handy

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Gerry and his wife are excellent hosts. The place is very new, with newly renovated rooms. The breakfast in was extremely filling and very tasty. We spoke at length about Gerry's childhood growing up in Derry. His recommendation to view the Bogside Murals was one of our highlights. Cathedral View is within walking distance to the Old City Walls. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Clarina P
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We booked Cathedral View B&B for a trip to Derry. It is in a quiet street which adjoins a park and is very near the cathedral of St Eugene. We arrived there on a cold and wet November evening but the warm welcome we received made us forget the weather when we stepped inside. The house was warm, clean, & comfortable; Gerry, our host, was hospitality personified.

Cathedral View is well within walking distance of the city centre but we used a (very reasonably-priced) taxi to get there the first time.

Our large twin room room was at the front of the house overlooking the street and the park a few doors down. Furnishings were new, the room was warm & clean with plenty of drawer space and a rail with clothes hangers. There was a hand basin and wall mirror in the alcove.

The separate toilet and bathroom facilities are shared; there is one for each floor and serves two rooms. This was not a problem; as a matter of fact, it was nice to have a big room rather than have a bathroom shoehorned in as many places have. Bathroom facilities were spotless.

Breakfast the next morning was a treat. We had fruit juice, cereal, tea & coffee, and a cooked meal. I ordered just bacon & tomato; my travelling companion (from the US) ordered the full Ulster Fry. My two good slices of dry-cured bacon was perfectly cooked and delicious. I ate it slowly, savouring every bite. My companion made a good dent in his meal, but could not finish it all! The breakfast will set you up for a good day's walking and sight-seeing.

With regret, we had to move on that morning.

The cost was very fair for what we received.

If you are in Derry on a budget, you will find it hard to beat Cathedral View for value and the warm welcome.

Room Tip: If you have mobility problems, ask for a room on the first landing.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business