The Walled City Apartments consist of three centrally located, immaculate apartments (which are basically IKEA showrooms) above a shop front with one apartment on each of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd floors.
I stayed on the third floor in apartment 3 with my wife and baby for three nights at the end of December.
1. Spotlessly clean
2. Central location
3. Lovely, powerful shower
4. Well equipped kitchen
1. Had problem with living room heating on first night. There are no staff on site and no one answered number provided, returned my call or responded to my voicemail
2. Poor wifi signal (in apt 3 on 3rd floor)
3. Felt a bit like new student accommodation i.e. cheap toilet paper and really annoying heavy doors that swing closed in bedroom, living room and front door.
4. A lot of stairs required to access apt 3 (we had a baby with buggy etc)
5. Must find parking nearby (car park or on street in vicinity)
6. Buzz/ hum of some kind of generator/ fan outside apt 3 bedroom window
7. No DVD player as advertised - we planned on watching some movies so we should have been told player wasn't provided. As no one returned my call, there wasn't much else we could do about it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walled City Apartments provide stylish, self-catering accommodation in Derrys historic heart and are the perfect place to stay during your visit to the City.Walled City Apartments offer amazing value for money. Each of our self catering apartments are furnished to the highest standards and come fully equipped with all crockery and linens; kitchen with fridge, dishwasher and oven, modern bathroom, and living/dining area with flat-screen TV. Laundry facilities are also available.Each of our apartments sleep two adults with additional sleeping facilities for one adult or two children available on request.Situated conveniently for all of Londonderrys' attractions our apartments make for an exceptional base while visiting our historic city. The Millenium Forum and Tower Museum are both within a 5-minute walk, and Ferrygate and Foyleside shopping Centre are less than a minute away.By staying with us you will find great value, stylish accommodation and privacy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Walled City Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Walled City Apartments Derry, Northern Ireland