Our stay in this hotel was terrible!
Our room was in a disastrous state: unpleasant odor, curtains blackened by dirtiness and torn, lamp-shade broken and during with the top of the bed, tried fitted carpet, yellowed walls, remote control of TV broken. One could see hair and hairs on the duvet of the bed. The top of the cupboard was a true discharge: corpse of bottle, packing of condom, sachets plastic, dust… (cf Photo = obvious proof that the household is more than surface)
The housework had been done superficially in the bathroom: hair and hairs in the bath (we did not dare to use it!), suspect traces on the tiling of the wall beside the toilets, defective flush.
We requested from the reception another room and when we visited it, it was in a worse state than the first! It was in the same state at the level of the household, darker and glaucous with a window giving on the dustbins and the column of very noisy ventilation of the hotel and with TV which did not go at all. We thus indicated to the reception that this room was not appropriate. The personnel then proved very antipathetic and did not make effort to propose a decent room to us. We had to satisfy us with the first.
As for the breakfast, for an announced price of 6 £, it appears very indecent: we asked for hot milk and the same person that the day before with the reception indicated to us that it was not possible. The toasts were not roasted and not placed at the disposal in a plastic sachet in a basket. The vacuum been useful crescents are industrial and inedible!
We remained in two other Travelodge hotels in Dublin and Belfast, which them, were much more accessible, comfortable, pleasant and had strictly nothing to see with this poor hotel in Derry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Derry Travelodge hotel is centrally located in the heart of the Maiden City. Our hotel is situated on Strand Road which is popular for nightlife, restaurants, shopping and minutes walk from Derry City’s many attractions. Travelodge Derry hotel has a rich and varied cultural heritage and the City Walls are home to a number of museums, galleries and theatres, as well as thriving musical and literary scenes. Step back in time and relive the city’s past on an inner-city guided walking, bus or taxi tour, where you’ll discover a wealth of history. Please Note: Possible noise due to City Centre location. Please contact the hotel directly for car parking options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Travelodge Derry reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Derry Hotel Derry
- Travel Lodge Derry
- Derry Travelodge
- Derry Travel Lodge
- Travelodge Derry Northern Ireland