Travelodge Derry
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$217
$182
Waterfoot Hotel(Derry)(Great Value!)
$115
$103
$176
$163
Da Vinci's Hotel Derry(Derry)(Great Value!)
$145
$79
$68
$139
Priceline
  • Restaurant
City Hotel(Derry)
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is well sited and that's why we booked it but.
As soon as I saw it, I realised that it was in need of a lot of work. Externally it is in poor condition. Internally it is tired, shabby, smells and in need of extensive refurbishment.
The rooms are big but drab and unclean.
The staff on the other hand were pleasant and helpful. I'm sure they would love to work in a better place. A message to Travelodge. Don't loose that hotel it's in a great spot. Spend some money on it - no short cuts. Good look.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Bob B
TRAVELODGEMANAGEMENT, Manager at Travelodge Derry, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear Bob B,

We appricate you taking time to review our hotel, Were sorry your stay wasn’t as it should have been and for that we apologise. We make every effort to take on board our customer's comments and will certainly give weight to your remarks.
All of our rooms are now undergoing referbishment to make our hotel more up-to-date and modern. We hope to show you a different side to our hotel if you choose to visit Derry again.

Kind Regards,

Management

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Very good location just outside city walls - so a short walk to the Centre. One road back from the river. NO parking at this hotel we managed to park in a "free" side street.
Only stayed for one night on our trip around
Staff very friendly and helpful.
Rooms and hotel in general was very well loved and dated
Located above a bar so ....................................

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chessykat

Dear chessykat,

Thank you so much for your positive feed back in relation to our hotel. We greatly value feedback and appreciate you taking time to post this review and look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Management

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I am over in Derry working and the City Hotel round the corner was fully booked last night so for the one night this week I went to Travelodge. After looking it up on TripAdvisor I was pretty much dreading staying here. However I was in Room 306 which was a massive room, was cold when I went in but the heating worked great. The bed was comfy and despite facing Strand Road it was quite quiet with the window shut. The only gripe I had was the bathroom was a bit shabby and there were a few leftover hairs in the bath, nothing a clean couldnt sort out.
Overall considering this is a budget hotel I thought that this was OK. In severe need of updating, the tortoise shell effect is pretty horrible!

Room Tip: Room 306 is a huge room
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
TRAVELODGEMANAGEMENT, Manager at Travelodge Derry, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Dear gersmad44,

Thankyou for your review for our hotel, Were delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

We do take unboard all comments given and will most definitely pass on the comments you mentioned to our housekeeping staff as a matter of urgency. We are also in the process of redecorating and modernizing our hotel which will ultimately bring it in line with the standards you expect.

Kind regards

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stayed one night and that was enough. The room smelled stale and the furnishings looked like 1970's college dorm room style, complete with tattered stained wood. There were no glasses in the bathroom and the tub had someone's hair in the bottom of it. The room I got was over the bar and was very loud and noisy. I will say the bed was clean. This is not the place to stay if you want to get an early start. The car park doesn't open to get your car out until at least 7:30, however you do get a bit of a break on overnight charges if you stay at the hotel. I did not eat breakfast there...looked pretty scanty when I walked through the dining room to get to my car. The staff tried to help me as best they could. The only place close after dark when i got there was the bar, with good Guiness, but the chicken and potatoes appeared to have been sitting around for sometime. You have to go out in the street to access it. Not the place for single older travelers.
el

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Hkaufman
TRAVELODGEMANAGEMENT, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Derry, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Hkaufman,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the issues that you have experienced. I wish you had expressed these issues to us at the front desk so we could have helped you out in the best way possible.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We are two couples travelling and we stayed in the Travelodge in Derry 5th Sept and both rooms were adequate for what we paid for. We did not have anything broken and found the rooms to be clean and comfortable. We had stayed here five years ago when we were in Derry and we found that it was just as good as last time. I do not think I would have booked them if I had read the recent reviews, but we found it to be just what we wanted, a place to sleep for the night that was clean comfortable and well priced. There was little noise from other guests or out side on the streets. The Travelodge is within walking distance of the old wall and is central to the things we wanted to see. We were not disappointed in our stay and we will be back.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Pethel,

Many thanks for your positive review on our hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you would stay with us again on your next visit to Derry.

Kindest Regards