“Plain Value” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Derry
Bellingen, Australia
“Plain Value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

When a comfortable bed, location and brilliant, helpful staff are more important than aesthetics - stay here.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TRAVELODGEMANAGEMENT, Manager at Travelodge Derry, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
Hello Sydneygirlz,

Thank you for taking time to post such positive feedback !

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Travelodge Management Team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Cookstown, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

Thought we had entered a time machine,fawlty towers springs to mind, rooms were small and grubby, bathroom was disgusting, all decor 1970's style. Our room was located in the middle of a group of girls on a hen night, at least another 2 hen parties staying. wish we had taken photos to shar but we stayed 2 hrs and decided it was better to go home than to stay.
emailed travel lodge several times before we got a reply, eventuallly we were contacted by the manageress who was very apologetic and promised a refund, this was 6 weeks a go and still no refund! I guess its not coming now, I have e mailed the manageress again but no reply
worst hotel Ive ever being in & I have travelled all over the world. Be warned!!!!!!!

Room Tip: go to another hotel!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank GoldieLocks138

Travelers are raving about these Derry hotels

Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2012

Staying here was actually cheaper than a hostel, and we had everything we needed; large, clean ensuite rooms and great location. Would return again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank grylle
TRAVELODGEMANAGEMENT, Manager at Travelodge Derry, responded to this review, January 28, 2012
Thank you for taking time to review Travelodge Derry after your recent stay, We're really glad to here you were happy with both your room and our location.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Travelodge Management
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2012

It's definitely an economy hotel, but good value for the money. Rooms are on the small side, but clean, safe and comfortable. Great location a few blocks from city center. You won't find many amenities, but perfect if you're looking for a cost effective hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the street
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TRAVELODGEMANAGEMENT, Manager at Travelodge Derry, responded to this review, January 16, 2012
Dear Mr Patrick M,

Thank you for taking time to review Travelodge Derry, We are really glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us and look forward to welcoming you again soon.

bristol
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

I was on edge about booking this hotel as I was travelling with a baby but I'm so glad I booked this hotel as the staff couldn't do enough to help use. The lady on duty Leanne acknowledged that we had a small baby with use and she gave use a quiet room to the back of the hotel, she gave us great directions to the hotel and to the car park. She made use feel welcome and really puts alot of effort in with customer service ie maps, irons etc just excellent 5* staff on a budget! the room itself was dated, but it was clean and spacious with tea and coffee making facilities and everything we needed. We stayed for 2 nights and paid £60.00 and definitely we got more then we bargained for. I will make no hesitation in booking this hotel again as its in a centre location, clean and amazing staff! Mary

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TRAVELODGEMANAGEMENT, Manager at Travelodge Derry, responded to this review, January 11, 2012
Dear Mary K,

Thank you so much for taking time to send such positive feedback, It's always really nice to hear the positive comments which people don't always have time to do.
I am really glad you enjoyed your visit to Derry and your experience in staying with us here in Travelodge Derry
I will pass pass this feedback back to the team including Leanne.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Northern Ireland !
Kind Regards,

stoke on trent
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2011

We have just returned from visiting my daughter at Uni in Derry - the hotel is in desperate need of re furb, but was excellent value (we did book in advance) - the hotel is very central - but it was the STAFF who did it for me - they were so helpful and friendly - I have been to 5* hotels but the staff could not match them !

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TRAVELODGEMANAGEMENT, Manager at Travelodge Derry, responded to this review, November 25, 2011
Good Afternoon Susan f,

We appricate you taking time to review our hotel.

All of our rooms are now undergoing referbishment to make our hotel more up-to-date and modern. We hope to show you a different side to our hotel rooms if you choose to visit Derry again.

I will also pass on you comments about our Travelodge Staff as i'm sure they'll be please to hear what you had to say.

Regards

Travelodge Management
Northern Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

I was Kind of on the edge of booking this hotel after reading some of the reviews posted on here but I booked anyway and I'm so glad I did. I stayed here for a event which was held in the City Hotel just around the corner and I saved £59.00 by staying at this hotel BARGIN!!

The receptionist on duty (Leeanne) was soo helpful she gave us carparking information, a map of the city, told us about the tours with in the city, eating places and we were being a pest by asking her for towels, teabags, hairdryers ect and she was happen to help use. Pitty I couldn't say the same about the receptionist the next day she looked like she couldn't be bothered to be there.

The hotel is within the city centre and a 2minute walk from the delightful Derry's Walls a tour is a must do. The rooms are big and very clean the bathrooms could be doing with a face lift but that said there still very clean. I stayed at the weekend in a front room (305) and I didnt have very much problem with noise. I will book this hotel again on my next visit to Derry.

Room Tip: Visit the Exchange 2 minutes walk from the Hotel and it does the nicest food that I've ever tast...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Linda M
TRAVELODGEMANAGEMENT, Manager at Travelodge Derry, responded to this review, October 30, 2011
Good Evening Linda,
Firsty thank you for taking time to forward feedback following your recent stay.
It's always great to hear back on a positive note and I will pass your comment's onto our hard working team and including Leanne. I trust if you visit Derry again you would stay again with Travelodge. We look forward to hearing from yuo again soon.

Kind Regards,