“Lovely hotel”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Derry
london
“Lovely hotel”
Reviewed August 29, 2014

It has all the things you expect and then it has really lovely staff, which is what makes it great.
Recommended.
It's in the middle of town.
I don't have more to add thank you TripAdvisor, which is making me write 200 characters minimum

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank cazbotbleurgh
MaldronHotelDerry, Guest Relations Manager at Maldron Hotel Derry, responded to this review, January 18, 2015
Dear Cazbotbleurgh,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor as we appreciate all feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to the newly renamed Maldron Hotel on your nnext visit to the city.
Rachael Burns.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

Dropped in in desperation with wife, daughter and niece. The rooms are functional but above all clean. The breakfast spread excellent. Location couldn't be better. Parking free. And last but not least staff (Margaret, sorry spelling wrong) gave us a lovely Northern Irish welcome. Truly Legen-Derry☺

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Silvius v
Dear Silvius v,
Thank you for your review, we welcome all feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and i have passeed on your kind words to Marguerite. I look forward to welcoming you back to the newly renamed Maldron Hotel on your next visit to the city.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2014

I went to this hotel as part of a coach tour to Londonderry. This hotel is very well located on the walls of the old city in walking distance of many of the major attractions in Londonderry. I was impressed that they dealt with our party of 25 plus successive wedding parties during the same stay. All the rooms were allocated in advance and welcome letters were even distributed on the coach before entering the hotel. The rooms were a decent size. Ammentities were modern and clean, although to really get 4star status they need to install air conditioners to moderate the temperature. I found the staff extremely helpful and knowledgeable. As were a party with slightly complicated food requirements the staff even asked us to suggest a menu which would suit our dietary requirements. This was a nice gesture. The food lets this place down. The breakfasts are decent, but if I wasnt in a tour group I would not have opted for meals in the resturant. They were rather bland and the menu was not really imaginative. That said if its your first time to the region, really recommend you check out this place. It would be hard to be disappointed.

Room Tip: Avoid 423, its cold all the time
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MsChatterjee
MaldronHotelDerry, Guest Relations Manager at Maldron Hotel Derry, responded to this review, January 31, 2015
Dear Mschatterjee,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to the renamed Maldron Hotel on your next visit to the city.
Rachael Burns.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Just back from an overnight stay and thoroughly enjoyed it. Lovely hotel, great staff and excellent food. Fantastic location right beside the historic walls, added bonus of on site parking - loved the car park entrance to the lifts.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kazbot
MaldronHotelDerry, Guest Relations Manager at Maldron Hotel Derry, responded to this review, February 4, 2015
Dear Kazbot,
Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to the newly renamed Maldron Hotel on your next visit to the city.
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed August 25, 2014

I had a great time. The staff were Helpful, Kind, Happy. Very central, in fact it's only 300 meters from the centre of the walled city.
The only complaint I had, was there were children kicking a ball against the walls & doors in the up stairs corridors.

I would go there again

Room Tip: Do not go in football season. The only complaint I had, was there were children kicking a ball in th...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Osrams_Kitchen
Dear Osram P,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we welcome all feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to the newly renamed Maldron Hotel on your next visit to the city.
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Just home from a stay in this hotel & I'm shocked it has 4stars. Firstly I rang after I booked through the hotels own site to secure a "room with a view" to be told they would ring me back. I never received this call back. On arriving,the car park was full, not good driving around around a city you're not familiar with.
We checked in and were given room 121. Which the door had clearly been kicked in at some stage & the door never
replaced. The panel was missing off the card lock & batteries were exposed. The bathroom was appauling, a view of roof tops & although the room was spacious it badly needs updating.
There was no iron in the room either so we headed down to reception to ask could one be put in the room, we booked dinner & told the receptionist about the door.. She wasn't a bit concerned telling us that if a battery did go missing, they have a master card for all rooms.. 2 hours later after our dinner we had to remind her about the iron!
On the the restaurant, do not order the lamb shank! Tasteless! Very poor food. Has put me off booking a room & meal deal in the future.
Into the the bar, we couldn't even stomach a drink in here on arrival as it smelt of steal beer & vomit. I will be submitting pictures & emailing management as we has an overall very unpleasant stay in this hotel. Will not be recommending or staying in The "faulty" towers again.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank OsullivanGrace
MaldronHotelDerry, Guest Relations Manager at Maldron Hotel Derry, responded to this review, May 7, 2015
Dear Carrymat,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we value all guest feedback. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming back to the newly renamed Maldron Hotel on your next visit to the city.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 25, 2014

The Tower Hotel is located in the perfect place to tour the historic city walls and easily within walking distance to most everything. The accommodations were first rate. The staff was extremely helpful. The breakfast was fantastic. On the fourth floor, there is a fitness room with windows all around that has the most beautiful view of Derry.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view if available.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MSS700
Hello MSS700,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel as we welcome all feedback. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay. I am pleased that you liked the location of the hotel as we are proud to say that we are the only hotel in Derry situated within the city's historic walls. I look forward to welcoming you back to the newly renamed Maldron Hotel on your next visit to the city.