“wish I could have stayed longer”

Maldron Hotel Derry
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Derry
belfast
“wish I could have stayed longer”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Never have I met a nicer more helpful bunch of people than those who work at this hotel! Every last one of them were constantly smiling and going above and beyond to ensure every customer enjoyed their stay! The food, the service, the rooms and the location are perfect! If you're going to Derry make the Tower Hotel your first choice! They won't disappoint!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hotelmanager2013, Guest Relations Manager at Maldron Hotel Derry, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear jc742013

Thank you so much for such a lovely review, we are delighted you had such a great time and that you found all our staff so helpful. Thank you for recommending us and we hope to welcome you back in the future

Angela Fitzpatrick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

This is my favourite hotel by far that me and my friend have had the pleasure of staying in on 3rd August and on other occasions..! The staff are always so welcoming and go to all lengths to ensure you have a fantastic stay..! To be honest i havn't came across a team of staff that put their heart and souls into their work as much as they do! The rooms are so clean and comfortable with many thanks from me to the great house keepers for doing a great job throughout the hotel! The breakfasts are fantastic, theres a great choice on the menu that will suit everyone! Anyone who chooses to stay at the Tower Hotel will not be disappointed, you have my word on that! A fabulous Hotel in the heart of the city! Hurry on October until i return again for my birthday..! :) xx

1 Thank Tara W
Hotelmanager2013, Guest Relations Manager at Maldron Hotel Derry, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Tara W

Thank you so much for continuing to stay with us at the Tower Hotel, we are so delighted that we are your favourite hotel :-) The compliments about our staff were so nice to read and I will be sure to pass these kind words onto each department. We look forward to welcoming you back in October to celebrate your birthday. Thank you so much for such a lovely review.

Cushendall, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I stayed in the Tower Hotel in Derry in May 2012 during a four day union conference. I found the location to be extremely convenient to the the city. The staff were friendly,helpful and professional. I have stayed in five star hotels which have not provided such excellent customer service as the staff of the Tower Hotel in Derry and I hope to return soon. Staff were well informed and able to advise on the best places to visit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Therese K
Theresa K

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Tower Hotel during your 4 day conference in the city, we are delighted that you had a great stay with us and found our location convenient and our staff helpful. We hope that you will come back again and visit us, thank you so much for your lovely review

Belfast
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Haven't been to the tower hotel in a few years,,there has been some major ££ spent, from the newly remodelled reception to the new irish pub!! Had lunch in the pub on arrival,, very nice,, and the breakfast the next morning would rival any 5 star hotel!! Keep up the good work,, we will be back!!

Dear Notinkansisanymore_9

Thank you for continuing to stay at the Tower Hotel, we are delighted you like our new changes and that you really enjoyed our breakfast. Thank you for your feedback on our Lyric Bar its such a positive change and we are so glad you like it. We hope you will come back and visit us again.

Portadown, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and I returned to your hotel this week after staying with yourselves in May 2012. We had a fantastic time. From we arrived at reception on Monday Morning till we left today all your staff were amazing. Our room was fantastic (Same room as last visit we had requested this and you did not let us down) We were booked B & B and our intention was to eat in the hotel one evening and try other places the next two evenings but Monday Night's meal was so good we just decided we didn't want to go anywhere else and be disappointed. A pity our stay wasn't a bit longer I would have has a chance to try all the delights on the menu. Alan is a 'Steak' man so he had the same meal each evening!! Many Many Compliments to you Chef and Kitchen Staff. It was a great few days in a lovely city with lovely people. Best wishes for the future and we hope to return

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Elaine4e

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us for a second time and thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your time staying with us. We are delighted you loved the food in the hotel and I will certainly pass your compliments to our chef and Kitchen Staff. We hope that you will come back and visit us again

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I have just returned after another visit to the Tower Hotel In Derry on Monday 12th August once again on business and I have to say this hotel just gets better with every visit I make. The new reception area is very clean and fresh and the excellent reception staff make it so simple to check in and also provide you with everything you could need during your stay.
The rooms are excellent and I have now stayed on most floors. They are always spotlessly clean and are a real credit to the chamber staff...
The bar are is excellent and the food I had was fantastic and this during a very busy night as the Fleadh was on with the bar being as full as I have ever seen it. The bar staff although overworked were so courteous and the Guinness they served was first class.
Breakfast was lovely with an wonderful choice of hot and cold food of the very highest quality and plentiful in supply to...No need for lunch after a "full breakfast" in The Tower....
I would highly recommend the Tower Hotel Derry to anyone who is travelling into the city or surrounding areas. You will get a great welcome to the Best Hotel in Derry....The management team here must take a great deal of credit for the way this hotel is run....I look forward to seeing you all again in the very near future.....Thanks for making my stay perfect!!!!!!...

Room Tip: I haven't had a bad room in this hotel but if you do like a view then ask for a higher floor ove...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Hotelmanager2013, Guest Relations Manager at Maldron Hotel Derry, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear Phil A

Thank you firstly for choosing the Tower Hotel as the your preferred hotel for your business travel, we are delighted that you continue to return and stay with us. Thank you so much for all your kind words and I will certaintly pass your kind comments to our staff here. We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in The Tower Hotel for two nights for the Fleadh. Staff were lovely and helpful, particularly the breakfast staff. Breakfast was good, nice buffet-good variety.
Room was ok. Duvet cover was quite old as was duvet which was visible from gapping cover. It looked pretty disgusting actually. And I stay in hostels a lot! Shower was good, powerful.
I had read about the WiFi here so that was no surprise. I thought free WiFi in rooms would be pretty standard these days.
Gym is located in a corner room, not much to it-treadmills, rowing machine.
Car park was full when we rang before our arrival, very awkward going back to pay and display in Bishop street.
Would look at alternative options if staying in Derry again.

Strawgal

Thank you for firstly choosing to stay with us at the Tower Hotel and secondly for taking the time to leave feedback on your stay. If you would like to discuss any of the negative aspects of your stay I would be delighted to hear from you, you can email me direct on afitzpatrick@thd.ie. We are happy that you found breakfast to be good, we do advertise as having WIFI in our rooms and FREE WIFI in our lobby and hotel bar which I hope you were able to avail of. We hope that you will come back to the city and visit again.