“Lovely Stay”

Maldron Hotel Derry
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Derry
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights over Valentines weekend and have to say I was well impressed. We had booked the Valentines package which meants strawberries and champaign on ice waiting for us as we entered the room. We also had the 5 course evening meal, which was great. The staff where very friendly and helpful throughout our stay. The hotel is clean, up-to-date (flat screen TV's etc) and has a decent gym on the 4th floor. If i had to find a fault it would be that the room we were staying in was abit of the small side, however it didnt take away from the enjoyment of the stay. The hotel is ideally located, and everything you need is outside the main door. Reasonably priced, and very much enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
MaldronHotelDerry, Manager at Maldron Hotel Derry, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2017

Thank you for your fantastic review on TripAdvisor.
I am delighted that you fully enjoyed your stay . Our entire team pride themselves on their customer service and I am delighted that you experienced this first hand.
Since your last stay , we have had a refurbishment and we are now re branded to the Maldron Hotel.
General Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,236)

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed there last weekend and canot recommend the hotel enough. The staff were friendly, helpful and couldn't do enough for us. The rooms were immaculate and very comfortable. I had both breakfast, lunch and dinner in the hotel and on all occasions found the food delicious and the service prompt, efficient and courteous. I was very happy with my stay and will definitely us the hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest ,
Thank you for your fantastic review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you fully enjoyed your stay .
Since you last stayed with us , we have undergone a bedroom refurbishment and we have re branded to Maldron Hotel.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed there last weekend. Impressed with the location and good value but overall it is a medium 3 star hotel at best.
We ate in the bar on the first day. Chowder had plenty of fish but totally tasteless, panini served with wilted undressed leaves and cold chips.
Breakfast while there was a good selection, was chafing dishes packed to capacity with semi coloured rashers, overcooked eggs and lukewarm sausages. They don't have enough seats when the hotel is full and there were people waiting 25 mins for tables on the second morning, not acceptable. The rooms were clean, quite small but functionable. There were 3 different hen parties staying there so it was quite noisy.The sofas and chairs throughout the hotel are in need of repair and a good cleaning .
And lastly, I was very surprised how surly and unfriendly the majority of the staff were with only 2 exceptions. I have stayed in a few worse hotels but a lot of better ones.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,
I appreciate you taking the time to post your review.
On behalf of the entire team , I would like to sincerely apologise that you found us lacking on this occasion , I can assure you it was not our intention to disappoint .
Since you last stayed , We have now re branded to Maldron Hotel and undergone a refurbishment .
We do hope you will consider giving us an opportunity to restore your faith in us ,

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Tower Hotel for three nights during a works event and it was a pleasure, I really loved the bar food and the relaxing atmosphere within the hotel, the staff are among the best I have ever experienced in ANY hotel and due to my job I have stayed in plenty. Well done guys and I would choose this hotel again anytime.

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Warmly welcomed by friendly staff who could not do enough for us. Great attention to detail in the Dining Suite. Tables and chairs were laid out with blue bows which shows the detail the staff go to make our event very colourful. No problem with the comms either. The bar was good afterwards.
Staff were very friendly always with a smile . The rooms were spacious and comfortable. The Breakfast was excellent. the location is great to walk the Walls of Derry .
Overall we had agreat stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights & were particularly impressed by its convenient location inside the city walls, with secure parking underneath. Our room was very spacious and comfortable, with bath & shower. Breakfast was fantastic, with huge choice, staff were friendly & helpful. Really outstanding value.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed at the Tower Hotel in Derry for 2 nights during a tour. The hotel is pleasant and the rooms are clean but need updating. The staff was very helpful and the hotel is in a great location with an adjoining bar, the Lyric. All in all, I enjoyed my stay at the Tower hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends